Friday, October 14, 2011

An Update On What Is To Come

I know things have been rather quiet around here lately, but many awesome things are in store for the near future. I am just giving you guys a heads up on what is to come so that you are prepared for the awesomeness!

First up, I plan on making a new segment of the blog where I write pointless essays. I know, I know, the internet is no place for an essay, but I feel the need to do this. Things that will be covered in this section will be: Open letters to groups and/or artists, topics I feel very passionate about, and extended rants. First up on the agenda for this section is going to be an extended post about the history and inevitable downfall of Shakin' Stevens and his superstardom. No, not the actual singer, the song by Aqua. I've been pondering on this subject for a long time, and I think my whole two committed readers deserve to know how I feel!

A semi-retired segment is coming back in full force. Music You Probably Have Never Heard (But Should) is coming back. I currently have two people planned for this segment, with a possible third rounding up the back end. In order for this segment to work like it should, I need suggestions! I made a new page on the site for people to send me suggestions, and I would greatly appreciate all of your input. IF YOU KNOW ANY LITTLE-KNOWN ARTISTS LET ME KNOW ASAP! The little guys deserve all the attention they can get!

Finally, the biggest thing I have been planning is an end-of-the-year event. Since my blog started in May, I have posted a Song of the Week every week, and now I plan on doing an event called Song of the Year. Starting December 1st, I will put up a poll listing every single song of the week up until the Dec. 1 deadline. On the 22nd, I will reorganize the poll to be the top ten songs, resetting the score and leveling the playing field. I am counting on all of you to support your favorite artists and make sure they win Song of the Year from my blog! Song of the Week will continue through December, but will go on NEXT year's SOTY competition.  Do you think I'm missing the best song ever? Go up to the suggestions and read the rules for Song of the Week. Shoot me your ideas for Song of the Week and get your opinion head!

No comments:

Post a Comment