Monday, October 17, 2011

Song of the Week - Celebrity

I just couldn't help myself. I just freaking love Young London. They are awesome people, they make awesome music, and awesome is pretty much the only word in the English language I can use to describe anything they do. Getting back in the swing of things, they have released another hit, and of course I've made it Song of the Week!


I know, I know. It's not exactly fair to have the same group on the list of nominees for my Song of the Year, but this song is so HOT! I can't even describe it. This song was definitely worth the wait. The song is about being a celebrity for just one day, and all the things the two of them would do if they could achieve such a status. This time around, the group have a featured artist (though for some strange reason, he isn't listed on the track, although he does say his name at the beginning of the track). Rapper Rome Castille has a very nice rap piece towards the end of the track.

My main complaint with the song, however, is the lack of Sarah, Young London's female vocalist, in the song. She doesn't seem to play as big a part in this track as she did in "Let Me Go", but I guess that is just me nit picking. Also, I've heard that the video for this one will come out quite a lot quicker than the gap between the previous single and it's accompanying video. Lets hope this one is just as good -- or better!

You can buy this sickn'ing track on iTunes here. Oh, and you should fan them on Facebook, too. They are super nice people!

No comments:

Post a Comment