Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blood On The Dance Floor Scandal Over Rumors

I've been meaning to cover this group for a while now, and since they are back in the headlines again with not only a new EP and video, but also a startling accusation that is causing uproar in the online fanbase, I finally have the opportunity. Though they are not the type of music I usually cover, I am still a fan, and this story was too much to overlook.


According to the official Blood On The Dance Floor Facebook page, after being given the exclusive story on their new music video for the track "Don't Want To Be Like You", music mega-site Buzznet took the opportunity to call singer Dahvie on rumors of abuse in his past. The article was very short, only a few sentences, but had the pretext warning of:

"Buzznet was unaware of Dahvie's alleged past and while we unknowingly supported the release of this new video we do not  -- in any way condone violence against women."

The comment was obviously there to protect the site and it's writers, but it still felt unneeded, especially since the only allegations against him were over two years ago, and the matters had been settled and done with. In the meantime, the group has released numerous anthems to speak out against abuse, bullying, and violence. Let me clarify: I'm not saying anything can make up for what may or may not have transpired, but I still felt the inclusion of a pretext was unnecessary and detrimental.

Buzznet's original post has since been removed (although Dahvie took a screen cap on his laptop), but another user re-blogged the post, minus the disclaimer.

Dahvie was quick to respond, posting a long message to the fans on Facebook.

"It makes me sad to see what Buzznet did to us today. We gave them our video for Don't Want To Be Like You to post before anyone else and they do this to us. They accuse me of having violence toward women which has never happened, all of my fans know me and know I would never hurt anyone. When my manager called them outraged they were arrogant and disrespected us. I am hurt by the things they'v e said, especially after all of my love and gratitude for my fans, we do not deserve this. I am better than them, I am living my dreams and nobody can take away our love for what we do. These people think they are bigger than the music, and they are nothing without the music. All I can think of right now is the words to Don't Want To Be Like You and what they mean to me. Our new EP came out today and I could not be happier, I love you all, I feel free of people like Buzznet right now. ♥ Dahvie"

While not exactly taking the high road (with the inclusion of the phrase "people like Buzznet", it still shows that he is attempting to move on from the situation and focus on promoting the new material. I, for one, would like to take a moment to focus on how hot Jayy is. That seems like a much more pleasurable topic, doncha think?

On the plus side, the song and video are both beautiful and inspirational. We get to see Jayy in a lot less makeup than we are used to, and we get to see a very vulnerable side to Dahvie, making it vastly different from the videos they've put out in the past. 

The new EP "Anthem For The Outcast" is available now on iTunes.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sir, You are really good writer.

    I going to begin running a blog about few times later. So, I think to study more web blogs to enhance my running a blog techniques on takingovertheuniverse.net.I think that it site is one of the basic needs of human being & is kind for essential any development.Really I like this site . I also study your publishing. I like to discuss my At Uniqfloors you can find comprehensive choice of Carpet Fitting surfaces areas in many shades and styles to go with individual choices.

    Congratulation for Article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who fucking cares, dahvie is an ugly fat VERY untalented 40 year old scene kid who needs to grow the fuck up and get a real job. their music sucks and somehow they've brainwashed 12 year olds into thinking they're gods! the sooner they fall the better!

    WHAT A JOKE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you dahvie is taking advantage of those same 12 year olds and its wrong and sad

      Delete
  3. Hello sir, I got you by Google search.

    It helps me to know about this about on takingovertheuniverse.com. It is very helpful in using social media sites.You have been shown importance topic in your content. It will inspire me always. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog as I have Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite online rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct deals from the producer to you! We sell an implausible range of Australian favorite floor rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping on-line you'll keep on shaggy, modern, wool, traditional and lots of different rug designs.


    Thank You Very Much For a Nice & Cool Article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a BOTDF fan for 3 years, and Dahvie's music has done nothing but save people's live. You don't have to like them, but don't be putting down their fans in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very easy to find repeated instances of Dahvie abusing & blocking his devoted young fans on twitter & fb. Some are even told they'll be refused entry to shows - paid ticket or not. Why does he do this? -it's the wrath of Dahvie unleashed for imagined crimes against Dahvie. One poor girl was abused horribly simply for tweeting happily about Ronnie Radke's girlfriend's pregnancy "Awww Ronnie's girlfriend's having a baby" is LITERALLY all she tweeted. When other LOYAL fans dare to defend those Dahvie has banished, "please unblock him all he ever does is defend you" - the defenders are abused & cast out as well.

    Any slightly mature kid knows Dahvie hasn't really "saved" anyone, the fact that almost ALL his fans BELIEVE he has though - & the fact that Dahvie is 100% aware of this means that he knows he has the power to crush these kids with a single word. His rejection & cruel words have FAR more power to damage than his songs have to "save"

    If he's the good person you all believe him to be, if he truly cares about his fans, then WHY would a man who allows himself to be worshipped as an anti-suicide "cure" for marginalised kids do ANYTHING that risks having them crash back into cutting or suicidal depression - because if you speak honestly, you have to admit that being publicly abused, humiliated & then icily snubbed by the man you BELIEVED was your true saviour is GUARANTEED to have a DEVASTATING effect on a kid who was already battling self-harm & suicidal depression.

    *** & please kids, PLEASE stop believing these things are photoshopped!! Why would these kids be loud supportive SGTC for months & years, then suddenly, minutes after DEFENDING Dahvie or posting normal chat on BOTDF/SGTC pages, suddenly turn into one of the "liars" that they were attacking just minutes/hours earlier.

    The sexual assault allegations AND ARRESTS began long before Jessi Slaughter in 2010. That arrest sheet is REAL. It's from Centennial PD in Colorado which is why there's no record of it in Florida or California. Dahvie posted about that 2009 arrest ON HIS OWN MYSPACE.

    PLEASE!!! Do some real research kids. Don't blindly accept the stories you're being fed just because you WANT them to be true.

    Commenting as Girls Against Dahvie Vanity on facebook

    ReplyDelete