Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Song of the Week - Thank You

This week, I decided to go for something a little different. This song is very soulful, and from a singer that I believe deserves a bit more attention than she has gotten in the past. Let's give US one hit wonder Estelle another go. I promise, you won't be disappointed.


This track is a slow jam, but it really seems to stick with me and get stuck in my head. She has a great set of pipes and the bridge of the song had me in awe the first time I heard it. The song is all about her thanking an ex for teaching her a lesson. The tinge of sarcasm can be over looked, but the subject matter certainly wasn't the selling point of the song for me. It's all about those notes she can belt out.

Sadly, most people only know this lady from her song she did with Kanye West. The song was very good, but her other work is amazing. She seems to be much more popular in her native land of the UK. I hope that a new single released in the US will boost her back into the spotlight, but it's not looking to hopeful. Despite all this, she still has me as a fan in the states!

You can buy the song on iTunes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment