Wednesday, October 26, 2011

MYPHNH(BS) - Mason Black

Welcome to another installment of the only recurring segment on my blog! Seriously, though, everybody has that one friend with so much talent but not getting the attention they deserve. That is where I come in. Shoot me a line and if I like your stuff, I'll give you a shout out right here. This time around, I'm throwing my good friend Mason Black into the spotlight. Now, my minions, make him feel welcome.


Let me tell you, Mason and I go waaaay back. Yup. Way back to like May of this year. He found my blog, and shot me some of his tunage, and since then we have become fast friends -- and better yet he's actually really talented! He already has two singles on iTunes (Showdown and Cruel Embrace), and he has plenty more in store for you all!

Mason's genre is really hard to define. The way he put it is he is showing people all aspects of himself and seeing which sides of his musical personality people really pick up on. His most notable singe, Cruel Embrace, has a very strong Adam Lambert-esque pop feel to it, singing about the hardships of love. "More To Me", a track off his upcoming EP, has a more country sound to it. Each track is like a page out of his journals, taken from life experiences, and I really think that is what makes his music feel so genuine.

His musical range is actually what drew me to him in the first place. The first song I heard from him was "Showdown", a very sexy and dark pop song. I really liked the song, but I didn't see him really stand out until I heard more. "Cruel Embrace", followed by "More To Me" and quickly "Jack The Ripper" all show very unique, and sometimes a bit scary, faces of this multi-talented song writer.

Perhaps my love for Mr. Black is a bit biased. He is a very awesome and nice person and he is very real. If you fan him on Facebook, chances are he will respond to your posts! He is a big supporter of Jango, but I don't really use it. IF THAT IS YOUR THING, HIT HIM UP! Otherwise, check out this song fresh off his new EP "The Sinner EP", due out November 1st!


My First Time by MasonBlack

No comments:

Post a Comment