Saturday, October 29, 2011

First Listen - Nadia Oh's "Vampire Night"

That's right, bitches! Nadia Oh is not going to back down, and she sure as hell isn't going to loose any momentum. This time sounding a lot less like a song that didn't make the cut on "Colours" and more like a full-fledged single, Nadia is here to put her mark on your Halloween 2011 party!




Let me begin by saying that this track starts off in the best way possible -- with a cameo from Space Cowoby. Anybody who knows anything about me knows I am a HUGE Spacey fan. His bit of the chorus urges you to party "like vampires". Let's hope he's talking about Anne Rice's vampires and not Twilight.

Nadia Oh soon bursts in singing the same bit as Spacey leading into a techno orgasm of her howling and using all sorts of digital effects on her voice. I think that is what makes Nadia so brilliant: She knows she isn't the best singer so she sees it as an opportunity to do all sorts of crazy stuff with her vocal tracks. I think a lot of people see it as funny or troll-ish to call her amazing or brilliant, but I can say with one hundred percent seriousness that I think she is at the top of my list of favorite artists.

The song progresses to Nadia discussing how vampire-like she is by sipping on dacqueries and sucking on strawberries. Hold up. Is she a fan of Adventure Time because she sounds more like Marceline than anything else. Nadia, dear, those things are red. Yes, blood is red too, but you aren't a vampire just because you are eating and drinking red things. Anyway, the song from here on out is more your typical "party with the DJ" type of song... but GOD I LOVE NADIA OH!

This is one of the best songs she's put out in a while. I loved me some "No Bueno" despite it's uncanny resemblance to "Taking Over The Dancefloor" (Which was the inspriation for the name of my blog, by the way), and "Shade" was fun, but this track really feels like something brand new and fun. If this is the direction the next Nadia album will go in, I'm totally on board! Especially if it means more Space Cowboy vocal tracks!


Nadia Oh 'Vampire Night' v2 by nadiaoh

No comments:

Post a Comment