Monday, August 1, 2011

Song of the Week - Let Me Go

Last week was a mixed bag of music: Some great songs and some flop songs. As I weighed my options, a new band popped up on the radar. Young London. There is almost no info on this band other than they are a reformation of an alternative band, but this isn't an alternative group. This is a pop group!


The song is a very fast paced and peppy song. The remnants of the past band can be heard, much like Black Cards, but this band does a bit better of a job hiding that fact. "Let Me Go" is about two people in love, but don't know how to make it work. I have always been drawn to bands that have two vocalists. Songs with two lead singers make more dynamic songs, as well as stories. Sometimes you can get a story of two people wanting two different things, and sometimes, like this song, we get a song about two people who want the same thing, but haven't found a way to tell each other.

The track itself is very bold and dancey. I purchased the track without knowing anything about the group, and I'm still doing my best to dig up information. Their album comes out early October (which I will review) and the video for this song will be out very soon. As they are on tour, their twitter hasn't been updated much, but I'll work my magic to squeeze some info out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment