Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Attack of the Release Date

Within days of each other, two recording artists released confirmed release dates for their projects -- And it's about damn time, too. I may be a little late to the party (but hey, that's just who I am), but I won't let these two slide by without putting my own two sense in on it.

First up is one of my top drag queens of all time, Pandora Boxx. She has been spreading the word about her cooter for months! (I hear it's moist). Not as in the female reproduction organ, but her new single. The preview for "Cooter" has been floating around on YouTube for a while now, causing quite a stir. It is my firm belief that Pandora is single handedly keeping the art of campy drag alive in the media world. As many of the camp queens have become glamorous, Pandora has kept her humor, and this song definitely shows it.


The single comes out September 27th, and I bet you guys will be very glad when it does -- mostly because it will mean it will be over with so I can stop hyping it up. Seriously, this is like the sixth blog post I've made about this song. Does that make me a super Fandora?

This next group has been teasing me for a long time. Years ago, when I was a wee lad, I was a fan of a very bubbly and dancey group called Aqua. I bought everything I could get my hands on from them, and they are my all time favorite band. I'm not kidding in the least. They have been teasing this album for over ten years. Finally, they have announced not only a release date for this third album, but also a title.

Oh dear lord I cannot express how excited I am for this album. Titled "Megalomania", the album is set to release October 3. The band announced all of this via their official Facebook page stating:

"We are happy to announce that the brand new album
is out on October 3 - and is entitled: Megalomania.
11 great Aqua songs made it to the finale... and in the
next few weeks we'll be giving you more insights into
the new album"

I can't believe it! After so long, they are finally going to be releasing a third studio album. I have been waiting for this since I was nine years old. NINE YEARS OLD! I could go on and say more embarrassing fanboyisms such as talk about how one of them was my first mancrush, but alas, I don't have the time. What I will say is that they better have "Shaking Stevens is a Superstar" on the album. They have been taunting me with a studio version of that song for years!

I have taken a look at a couple of their new tour songs (none of which have been confirmed for the album, FYI), and they look pretty good. I don't want to get too invested before it comes out, just in case I accidentally fall in love with a song they choose not to include. The current news going around is that "Fxxk Me Like A Robot" (dubbed "Love Me Like A Robot" for radio play) will be the lead-in single. They had better get to work on releasing it. They have a month and a week to get this stuff worked out! Aqua, I just don't know if eleven songs will be enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment