Saturday, July 30, 2011

Video Review - U Got (What I Need)

Oh God. It's finally time. Jipsta has released his video he's been torturing us with for weeks. The song, "U Got (What I Need)" wasn't my first pick for a single off of the album, but then again, "Best Friend" probably wouldn't have made as good of a video... or maybe Robbie Russell was just to hot for television making a "Perfect Match" video impossible? Moving on.


The video is set up to parody audition rooms in shows like American Idol and America's Got Talent, showcasing some of the worst dance moves and "sexy outfits" you could find. Ever. We get a couple of bears (the gay scene kind, not the picnic basket stealing ones), a hobo or two, and a nudist. Before you wonder why I'd want to watch this hot mess, let me give you four reasons. The sexy Sahara Davenport, the spicy Jessica Wild, the always adorable Jipsta, and my all time favorite drag queen/person on the planet: Pandora Boxx. Yeah. You knew there had to be a catch, right?


Joking aside, I've said time and time again that I sincerely do like Jipsta and his music. The fact that he is friends with some of my favorite celebrities makes me like him a bit more, of course. Saraha, Pandora, and Jipsta spend the majority of the video judging these future contestants (for what, it is unclear). Instead of a numeral score, they write down suggestions, or more often hilarious comments, based on who they are viewing. It seems Pandora is just focused on where that bump is. Try checking a little lower, darling.


Jessica Wild's part of the video is a bit more simple, as she just lip syncs to the chorus, but she does so looking pretty fab. I wonder if she couldn't make it to the shoot with the other girls, or what, but I really would have liked to see her party with Sahara and Pandora. It'd be like a good ole' Drag Race 2 reunion. Well the good ones, anyway... Don't send me hate mail.


When it cuts back to the judges, they finally have found some talent... or at least more attractive people, and deside to abandon their posts to party with the future contestants. Jipsta cops a feel (or two). Sahara gets manhandled by a stud. Pandora... gets drunk and passes out? Oh you. Always hilarious.


The video is hilarious and exactly what any fan of Jipsta would expect. I think what makes the video so great is that you can tell these people are actually friends and actually having a good time shooting the video and being around each other in general. The production values aren't the best, but the vibe is perfect. Maybe I am biased because the video brings together two of my favorite queens, and has brought another back into the spotlight. It might also be because I have a boycrush on Jipsta, but don't tell him that.


In the end, I have to wonder if Pandora ever found the bump...


You can watch the video for yourself and leave Jipsta all kinds of pretty little comments here.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that video. 3 fabulous queens, 1 supercute boytoy. HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete