Sunday, August 7, 2011

Decision 2011: Drag U MVP

I may get hell for saying this, but deciding who to align myself with for the Drag U MVP is hard. I am giving this more thought than I did the presidential election -- Wait. I wasn't old enough to vote then. Anyway, I gave less thought to picking my Drag Race season three Miss Congeniality. I mean, it's easy when there are only three to four amazing queens in a season, but every single queen in Drag U is fierce. The best of the best were selected. How in the hell am I supposed to pick just one?

I know, I know. You can vote as many times as you want, for different people, too, but If I vote for every queen, my vote would just be fluff and do nothing. Thus I am embarking on a quest to pick only one queen -- and believe it or not, Pandora isn't the only lady at the top of my list!

Option One: Mariah



I love this bitch. While she may not be the best at causing drama, she sure as hell knows how to put herself in the middle of it. My main reason for wanting to pick this queen is due to her quick wit. Any time something is said, it doesn't take her a split second to come back with something sarcastic and harsh. For example: She once asked one of her students if she was ok. After a tentative "yes" she immediately told her something to th effect of "Ok, Moving on". A lot of my memories of her were a bit overshadowed in Drag Race. She was very fierce, but with so many queens, it was hard to see her. She wasn't the best during her stint at pushing to the foreground, but Drag U changed this for her. The balance of bitch and sweetheart is what I love about her.

Option Two: Raven



Dear god. My love/hate relationship with Raven over the course of Drag Race season two is a thing of the long gone past. I honestly think she should have won season two, given the final three, and I had a lot of faith in her. When she didn't win and instead went on to Drag U, I was concerned. She is known for being cold hearted; she even said it was her trademark at one point. I just didn't think she could pull off teaching someone how to do drag... but damn she pulled it off. On the reunion special, she vowed to change. This new Raven still has that bitch-fierce attitude, but with a softer side. She has a really good niche for connecting with her students emotionally, and she wins -- a lot. I am a sucker for a good drama queen, and she always starts something, whether it is stealing other queens stuff or calling out some of the busted looks the others come up with, this girl knows how to werk!


Option Three: Manila Luzon



Manila, Manila, Manila. She was my top pick from episode one of Drag Race season three. When she was in the bottom two, I stopped breathing for nearly a minute. When she didn't win, I was devastated. I was afraid I'd never hear from her again, but come time for Drag U, she was prominently featured on the series sneak peek decked out in Cookie Monster gear. I just can't describe what it is I like about her exactly. Manila is self absorbed, caddy... and spectacular.  Her sense of humor is always spot on, and she manages to come off as a bitch without being mean. As confusing as that sounds it is possible. I have become a huge fan of this lady, and Drag U is no exception. It also doesn't hurt that she is always spot on. I can't think of one time that I hated her outfit. She hand draws her designs and is dating Sahara Davenport. What more could you ask for?

Option Four: Pandora Boxx



You knew it was coming. If you've read any of my posts on here (ever) then you know I am a Fandora at heart. She won my heart in Drag Race season two. I thought she would go all the way, and I was extatic to find out she was going to be a professor again. She just has a heart of gold. She never really got into drama, she always looks amazing (dem fishnets, grrl), and she is funny as hell. Pandora's story touched my heart way back during season two of Drag Race, and I connected to her on a mental level. I think that is why I feel so attached to her. I know she isn't the most polished or fierce, but she is real. She is an amazing person and that can outshine any "tacky" outfit one might put on -- and I mean that in the most loving way possible!


See!? It's hard. I mean, we haven't even seen all of the queens on the show yet. Carmen and Tyra haven't even had an episode! How and I supposed to pick just one. I still have a few more weeks to make my decision (and spam the hell out of it with constant voting). Over the next week, I'll do my best to narrow it down. Now, ladies, who loves me the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment