Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Below Deck Season 3 Episode 8 [Review]

It's week eight and I still can't decide if I absolutely love this show or if I can't stand it one bit. I mean I guess I could say time will tell, but eight weeks? Two months? Damn my attention span lasts much longer than it used to. Well I'm here for the long run, now. It looks like this season still has a bit to go (we haven't even seen our Real Housewives of Atlanta crossover yet), so I'll stick it out for the rest of the season. For now, just try and enjoy the beauty that is another annoying crew member getting fired.




The episode started pretty much were the last left off. The owners of the boat decided to reward the crew by having them have a day off at a resort. Well the resort was more homely than I had imagined, but that's besides the point. The crew really needed time to unwind and have a good time. For a while it looked like there wasn't going to be drama. Kate avoided Leon perfectly fine, Connie and Rocky got their surf on, and the rest of the crew relaxed and drank.

Then there was Dane. I cannot stand this guy, and he was on my last nerve this episode. Much like last episode, he got completely wasted. His one mistake this time was  doing so in front of Eddie. I think by now we know that Eddie doesn't play games. He called the captain and told him what was going on, which got Dane an immediate trip back to the boat. Not only that, but he also was given a plane ticket home. Ouch.

And we are suddenly down another deck hand.


Now that he is gone, we can get back to the crew being in perfect harmony, right? Well there's still Kate and Leon arguing a lot. This episode was a bit more annoying than usual because Leon spent the whole episode acting like a child. He wouldn't talk to Kate at all, and he was ignoring guest requests. The guests put on their pre-boarding sheets they wanted protein shakes, so he got store bought ones, which looked pretty gross. Not only that, but he also didn't listen to what the guests wanted for dinner, resulting in a last minute change, which he hates making. It was only a quesadilla, man. It's not that hard.

Oddly enough, this is starting to bring Kate and Amy together. Last year they were at odds most of the time, but so far this year things have been pretty decent between the two. They had a talk about how Amy feels like she's in the middle of some of Kate's arguments, including her one with Leon, but after Amy had a talk with him herself, she found out hat Kate wasn't too far off from the truth. I like that the two of them are getting along these days. I really like both Amy and Kate. Both of them are amazing in their own ways, and together they make a great stew team.

Back to Leon, he kept messing up the guests food, but in the end he was able to pull a decent steak out of his ass. I really want to like Leon, but he makes it so hard. He really only seems to have one friend on the boat (Rocky) who probably will see that he's just being hard-headed sooner or later.


The weird part about this episode was that we finally saw what was to come of the whole Eddie/Rocky situation. Don't get me wrong, I still don't see Rocky's appeal, but she's finally started to be much less annoying than the first half of this season. Eddie has grown on me leaps and bounds, too, so the two of them being together doesn't bother me much. The show has implied they have had sex (a couple of times this episode, actually), but nobody really comes out and says it.

Releasing all that tension really helped Eddie, too. He was much happier this episode, and much more in the moment. His two underlings, Connie and Emile, noticed right away, too. Emile was very pleased with him, but judging by a segment earlier in the episode of Connie telling him not to give up on Rocky, I don't see it ending well. The situation is going to come to a head eventually, especially since the two of them are already having trouble hiding their relationship.

Once again, we got to see Rocky in her mermaid outfit. I personally don't like the gimmick much, but I guess if I were a guest on the yacht, I would be pretty surprised by it. I mean if it was Don in the mermaid costume that would have been far better, but that was two deckhands ago, so that is probably a no-go. Anybody know where he's sailed off to these days?


This was kind of a "meh" episode. After the whole Dan-firing event, the rest went downhill. The guests weren't all that interesting, and the drama was leftovers from the last episode. We honestly didn't get anything really new here, and I struggled to pay attention through the whole thing. I wish the they had made more of an effort here to get something going, but I guess it can't always be yelling matches. What is this, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? No, it's not. But it is still entertaining for what it is.

From the looks of the preview, next week will pick up a bit. And let's hope so. Also let's hope for a new deck hand this time that isn't butt-ass ugly. I need my eye candy back!

1 comment:

  1. The crew are awesome to put up with these little entitled duchebags!!! S3 E8 if I was the chef or anyone else on the crew I would take the head charter member and throw him or (it) to be PC overboard !!! Look at the head charter member member NEVER smiles pissed at the world.

    ReplyDelete