Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Drag U Tue - Looking For A New Job

The season is winding down, and with only two episodes left, this show is heating up in crazy ways. We finally get to see two queens not on the show yet. Tyra Sanchez and Carmen Carerra finally pop in to teach these girls how to be fierce! And who is the third queen you might ask? Well, let's just say the Raven Show is back on the air -- and this time it's double trouble. Raven Symone is the guest judge. Without further ado, my take on Drag U's second to last episode!

I spent most of this episode wondering if Tyra was possessed.
This episode was all about women who can't get a job. They all lost their jobs in various ways, and now need a confidence boost to get back to where they need to be. Rachel, AKA Tasty Rain, is paired with Carmen. Betsy, or Mahjong, is left in Raven's care. Deena, dubbed Shalamar, was to be taught by the queen herself, Tyra. These girls are certainly given the best help they could get.

I really enjoyed seeing the lesser fleshed out queens. Tyra, as much as I poke fun at her, is really a very striking queen. She always is spot on with her fashion, makeup, and hair. All three of her looks in this episode were amazing and top notch. I was really surprised when she came up with a great idea of snapping her girl out of her "I'm old" mentality. She gave the girl a cane and sunglasses and made her hobble around so that she could appreciate being only thirty. Thirty isn't that old, right?

The lady lesson this week was one I don't know if I could have taken. They learned how to do home spa treatments on a budget. They mixed together household items to make facial masks. The Pepto and the yogurt I could have handled, but peanut butter? Not only am I allergic to it, but also its just gross. I can't stand feeling it on my hands, but on my face too? Man, I shudder just thinking about it. Maybe we should move on.

Carmen shocked me in this episode. In Drag Race, she was always a bit sneaky. I know it was a competition, but she always had some shade to go around, but here, we saw a whole different side of her. Gone was the Carmen from the "Jocks in Frocks" episode who threw her drag brother under the bus. Now was a caring Carmen, who shared her insecurities with her student about how she used to hate her nose. She told her that there are ways to shape her nose with makeup, but she should still be proud of who she is.  I was glad to see her as less of an air head, and more of a normal, loving individual.

I don't think that is the kind of "fish" they were talking about, Carmen.
The dance class disappointed me once again. I was hoping to see one of my sexy dance teachers, but yet again they were both absent. Trisha is a very talented dancer, and she is quite good at instructing, but I need my man candy. At least she sort of looks like Manila Luzon. That is always a plus. The dance segment was a bit uneventful -- until the end.

After a mini breakdown, Betsy had a heart to heart with her professor, Raven. Raven once again shook off her reputation as an ice queen and took the girl under her wing, encouraging her to be herself and to lover herself. But it wouldn't be a Raven episode without her tossing some shade. She purposely picked a fight with Carmen to teach her girl how to cause some drama for a quick laugh. Shade can be funny, and fun!

At draguation, the girls looked amazing. Rachel had some amazing and huge hair. I wasn't a fan of her cape that she had. I don't know what direction it was supposed to be going in. The dress could have been a little longer, but Carmen wanted to show off her thighs, so I guess the point got across. Betsy looked like a pinup girl and I loved it! She looked like she could be on any calendar back in WWII and be the obsession of all the army boys. My favorite, looks wise, was Deena. She didn't use the pink wig she teased us with, but she still served some serious Minaj. I loved the poofy bow at the back of her dress, too.

Before they could go about their final dance, Deena ran off stage. She said that her foot was cramping and it hurt too badly. The girl was being a diva before she even had the fame! The nerve! Anyway, Ru gave her a stern talking to and got her some new shoes. Soon she was back on the stage and the dancing commenced. The end result was that Betsy won, which was my top pick over all.

The horror!
The drag tips this week was once again by the ever hilarious Manila Luzon. I just can't get enough of this girl. She gave you tips on things you should bring with you for the morning after all that partying. She even included some shades so your annoying neighbors get the hint to mind their own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment