Monday, August 15, 2011

Song of the Week - Virus

In another attempt to broaden my horizons beyond traditional pop music, I picked up the new Bjork single "Virus". I have never really paid her much mind, so I can't say with certainty how different or unique this track is compared to her previous music, but I can say that it's strange on its own. Hard to describe and always a trip, I present to you: Virus.


This song is... well for lack of a better word, it's weird. I don't understand really what is going on, but I like it. It has a lot of non-traditional elements mixed in and a lot of off tempo singing. Her upcoming album "Biophillia" is looking to be one big musical experience, and I have to say this song proves that one hundred fold. While not exactly something you would want to bump to in your car, it is definitely one of those songs you could put on and just relax to -- get lost in the madness.

As I have said before, I've never listened to Bjork before. I knew she existed, but she always made music outside of my circle of artists. It wasn't until this single that I realized she was making music again. I promised myself I would look into new things, and I'm very glad I did. The song is in the same vein as the non-single tracks by Kerli. It's amazing and strange, and I find myself looking forward to her album, oddly enough.

You can preview and buy the track on iTunes here.

1 comment:

  1. Bjork is amazing. Her music is an experience like no other. I would definitely recommend her album Vespertine.

    ReplyDelete