Monday, August 29, 2011

Megalomania Tracklist Confirmed!

You knew it was coming. I made it known that I would post about the track list for the upcoming Aqua album "Megalomania" once it was confirmed, and what do you know? Today, Aqua announced on their official Facebook page that the rumored song list is actually true. Not only that, but they also released a picture from their recent photoshoot.

The new, darker side of Aqua.

"Some of you beat us to it," they said. That is an understatement if I've ever seen one. From seemingly out of nowhere, the song list leaked to the internet, and to everyone's surprise, it is one hundred percent correct. And people say nothing on Wikipedia is legit!
The track list for the new album is as follows:
1. Playmate To Jesus
2. Dirty Little Pop Song
3. Kill Myself
4. Like A Robot
5. Viva Las Vegas
6. Party Patrol
7. Come N' Get It
8. Sucker For A Superstar
9. Be My Saviour Tonight
10. How R U Doin?
11. If The World Didn't Suck (We Would All Fall Off)

I feel really good about the this list. While I'm not sure how relevant Las Vegas is in Europe, I have a feeling that we are getting exactly what we have been waiting for all these years. The tracks have that witty charm we have come to know and love from Aqua. There is, however, a much more obvious sexual tone over this album. Whether or not it will prove to be a good thing or not, only time will tell.

The main concern I have with the list, other than the misspelling (at least in terms of United States English) of "Savior", is definitely "Sucker For A Superstar". In the comments on Facebook, the group have confirmed that the song is indeed "Shankin' Stevens", but has been re-written. I'm not sure why, but it was. Perhaps Shakey didn't want his name used in the song, or maybe Morten Harket got pissed off that he was the only one who didn't get mentioned specifically by name (they simply call him "That guy from A-Ha"). Either way, I have to say I am disappointed. Maybe it will be released one day, but it doesn't look likely. Now, as long as the version of "Like a Robot" on the album isnt the edited one where they say "Love me like a robot", we will be fine.

The album comes out October 3rd. No official statement yet if this is a worldwide release date, or a Denmark only date, but I'll be sure and dig up as much info as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment