Monday, August 22, 2011

Song of the Week - Bad Dog

After a few weeks of experimenting with different types of music, I think it's about time I got back to my roots of loving the genre of dirty pop. No, not Nsync, I mean actually dirty music set to danceable beats. This is exactly who Neon Hitch is. After floating around, writing for others and recording a few demo tracks, she finally has released her first official sing -- Bad Dog. And it is hot!


With a voice that is a little Britney Spears and a little Gaga, she has a lot going for her. The song, about taming a wild boy through pure female power, sells sex completely. I was unsure of the song at first, because of how similar to other people out right now it is, but I really do think it would do well on the radio. The lyrics are in the same vein as Rihanna's "S&M" while not being as over the top.

I had been hearing about her for a long time. She has worked with a lot of big name people, but not released anything solid on her own. When I saw this pop up on iTunes, I knew I had to give it a listen. She has a great voice and a solid song behind her in her debut. I expect great things from her in the future. She has yet to make a name for herself, but when she does, she is going to explode.

You can help make that happen by buying her single on iTunes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment