Saturday, November 12, 2011

Exclusive Interview - Chris DiSario

Every now and then, there's that one song that pops up on iTunes from out of nowhere. They don't have a Wiki page to creep on, and no official site can be seen. Some get discouraged; I take it as a challenge. I got together with new artist Chris DiSario to find out just who he is, and where he's going.



Who is Chris DiSario?

You know, the way I explain it is I compare myself to a bunch a paint cans exploding in the air! I say that because there are so many colors to my personality, and I'm a loud ball of energy. I literally eat sleep and breath music all day everyday, first thing I think about in the morning the last thing at nite. I'm seriously one of the hardest working people anyone will ever meet while still having so much fun at the same time!

How did you get started in the music business?

I started in school like most people but didnt really bloom till about late high school, and from there I went out and just sang everywhere that would take me! I have been apart of American Idol seasons 8 and 10 as well as the Glee Project. Around the same time I was working at a bank, a coworker was told me if I was serious, she could hook me up with someone big. At the time i didnt know what she was talking about, but we had a meeting and less than a week later I was working for his record label. I got a small fan base when I released a song with the label that I got to go #1 on Reberbnations pop charts! About a year went by, and it wasnt going where I wanted it to go.   I left the label with the knowledge of how to make it myself, and from there I found out pretty much everything I needed to make it. I got an amazing studio and producer from Glassboro named Mitch Kricun, as well as a personal photographer Jessica St. John and an amazing make up artist! With my amazing new team, I continued to write and record and finally released my song! Now its really catching buzz and alot of important people are getting ahold of me!

I'm told it wasn't an easy journey for you.

Not at all! When I started out singing around twelve years old, and I used to get laughed at because I was seriously TERRIBLE! [laughs] I remember one day in choir in ninth grade most of the class laughed at me when I auditioned for a solo! I was a bit discouraged, but music is the only thing that really made me tick! Literally every single day I would sit on the piano at school or my keyboard at home and hit a note over and over and over again until i was finale able to hit it!! Eventually i did!! But still wasnt easy! Most people outside of that were coached. So one day I saw a video on youtube of Hayley Williams with her vocal coach Brett Manning. I decided to check him out, and bought his Singing Success, and I can honestly say it changed my life! Because of his methods and eventually working with him and his coaches, I can say I now have a range of five octaves which before I barely had two! It took me about two years to achieve it working two jobs as many hours as possible to pay for it but it's now paying off!

Your single "Could This Be Love" just hit iTunes. How did this song come to fruition?

Could This Be Love was written actually in less than an hour. After I left the label I reliazed I needed music as I don't play instruments myself, so I went to Youtube and heard this track from a channel called Strobelight Beats and I loved the beat. I found him on facebook!! I was very determined, so I got ahold of him there. I was beyond happy and bought it right then and there! I recorded it with Mitch and now its on iTunes! It's been so amazing. I know I got very lucky!

Are there any plans for a video to go along with the track?

ABSOLUTLY! im actually just got approved for kickstarter.com! Im a very hard worker, but as of right now I can't afford to do it on my own, so I'm going to Kickstarter to hopefully get people to help fund the project! I already have a director and and everything I need to do it --                   except the money!

What are some of the video ideas you had for the song? I'm trying to wrack up on cameos, ya know!

I would love to have you in a cameo! Give me the word and you're in! For Could This Be Love, what I do know is it's gonna be mostly a nite time shoot. The opening will be a hilarious scene of me getting a call from my "MANAGER". Iv'e already heard some of it, and I almost pissed myself! The shoot will be very colorful and bright! The video is actually being choreographed by an amazing dancer Chelsea DeMartino!  But some of this could change depending on how it all goes!

I know you aren't stopping at just one track. What album plans do you have?

I actually already have a second single planned! The name is Spotlight, and is gonna be the single I release with the album! My album has been a huge process with the writing, cowriting and working with amazing people! My album will also showcase a duet I co-wrote with an amazing singer/songwriter Linda Moore! She also has a track written by her for me on the album! I cant wait to release this! Iv'e been working on this for so long and it's finally coming very soon! I cant wait for everyone to hear it!

Does the album have a name?

It actually doesnt have a name yet only because were still picking which songs will be on the album! I just received two tracks the other day for me to write to that are crazy! As soon as I know I will give you the exclusive story!

Are you planning to explore more styles of music with the album?

I Am! I'm so excited to have such a diverse group of songs! There are some dancey pop music like
Could This Be Love but also some acoustic songs and a piano driven ballad! My favortie singer of all time is Kelly Clarkson, and like her, I am very diverse with my music! I have some bright and shiny songs, but I also have some that are dark as in one of the songs that will be on the album is called Living in Shadows! It's actually one of my favorite songs I have ever wrote! It's an acoustic song that I wrote after a really bad time in my life that I believe alot of people can relate to! All of the music is tied to the pop/rock idea. Im basicly a pop singer with a rock edge!

What are some of the other tracks that will make an appearance?

So far the confirmed tracks are Could This Be Love of course and a few I just told you about Spotlight, & Living in Shadows. The piano ballad is called Do you Remember, My Catalyst is the duet with Linda Moore, and the track written by her, but it still doesn't have a name. After getting these two tracks, I'm going to have them recorded soon, but I don't know if they will end up on the album.. I want to get it right!

As a new artist, what is your biggest struggle?

I would say my biggest struggle as a new artist is between the funding and proving yourself! It's very hard to accomplish most aspects of the industry without funding! So much goes into the recording, look, music videos, touring; theres so much and doing it alone is very hard! Its just as hard to prove yourself to people who know nothing about you! Without people they know telling them "Hey check out this amazing artist" they don't really tend to listen to independent artists!

For all the ladies out there (or is it fellas?), is Chris DiSario single?

[laughs] Yes I am single! No man in my life as of right now but im always open to someone who can keep up with my schedule and my busy lifestyle!


You can pick up this new artists debut single "Could This Be Love" on iTunes! Buy it!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Chris in all of your endeavers. I`m so excited for you. I love your new single "could this be love". I have enjoyed all of your songs. I really wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you nothing but the best Uncle Chris !!! your songs are awesome !! i really love "Could this be love" !! keep up the good work :D !!

    Love,

    -Yasmine<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. whooooooo! congrads Chris. You deserve it bro. totally happy for you

    ReplyDelete