Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Video Review - Go Off!

She sure did take her time putting this up on Youtube! It premiered at a club in New York a while back, and I have been dying waiting to see this! "Go Off" is the second single from television star Sahara Davenport, known best as being a contestant on season two of Ru Paul's Drag Race. You may recall I interviewed her, and I can never seem to stop myself from being amazed at how talented she is. Anyway, the video is FINALLY online, and I can't believe how stunning it is.

Now complete with Barbie-font necklace!
(Be prepared for lots of pictures under the cut!)

The video opens up with a bit of Sahara singing with a couple of guys. Wait -- a couple of really HOT guys. I'm talking top notch hotness. Where the hell does she find these guys. All I know is that I plan on going up to visit New York in the future, and when I do, the guy on the right needs to be given my number. Anyway, Sahara herself looks pretty amazing. This look was the only one from the video revealed ahead of time via Facebook. The others, well, lets just say were a pretty big shock.

Seriously, though. Where does she find the hotties?
The video cuts quickly to shot of Sahara dancing her heart out with some sick choreography, and an even sicker look! Sporting another white outfit, this go around she has some sickening white lipstick. I didn't think it was possible to pull off white lipstick without looking like Marylin Manson, but this lady has done it. The dancing is very jittery and quick, but it really fits with the techno vibe of the song.

One kiss and you'll turn to ice.
The same dance sequence is cut into the video, but it has something strikingly different about it. In the mix is Sahara channeling her fiercest Catwoman impression, as she sports ears, tights, a hair wilder than the biggest lion's mane. Oddly enough, this was more of what I pictured for the video, especially with the "Eeeooowww" noise she makes a lot. This has to be my favorite look of the shoot. She could save me any day. Now where's the whip?

Does that make Manila Batman or Poison Ivy?
The question everyone was thinking about the video was revealed (or maybe it was just me thinking it) -- Manila was indeed in the video. She worked her way in as a queen this go around instead of as Karl, her male version. The scene is cut up and spliced in at various points in the video. At first, Sahara, Manila, and one other queen are getting ready in the bathroom, but as the video progresses, the start trashing the place, including writing all over the mirror in lipstick. I'm going to assume this is in reference to the famous exit messages from queens on the show Ru Paul's Drag Race which both Sahara and Manila have appeared on.

In all of her slightly out of focus glory!
My only real complaint with the video is it's lack of story line. I'm a sucker for a plot in a music video, which is one of the main reasons why I still watch Gaga videos despite not liking the new direction. "Pump With Me", while not exactly the most obvious storyline for a music video, did have one. This one is a lot of dancing and singing. At least she looks really great doing it!

I have to say that this lady always is out to impress. The video is top quality and quite stunning. She makes it very obvious that this isn't just a hobby of her's, and she really is taking her career seriously. I appreciate seeing a queen have a serious take on music, and I can't wait to see more from her. You keep getting better huntey, don't go letting us down now!

EEEEOOOOWWWW!
Check out the video for yourself here. Don't forget to buy it on iTunes and support this fabu queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment