Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Drag Race Season Four Cast Announced!

Finally! After a week of people telling me who they thought these girls were, we finally got an official list! You have NO idea how incredibly excited I was to come home to an email with the link to not only the extended trailer for this season, but also thirteen videos featuring interviews with each cast member! Dear Jesus, here we go again. Another season, another crop of girls ready to explode onto your television!


First up we have Chicago queen The Princess. I assume that her first name is The and her last name is Princess. Anyhow, she made a very good impression. She has a rocker chick vibe to her, and keeps her deeper voice for her drag look, much like Raja last season. My only gripe is the gages in her ears. Not very princess like. She pulled a bold move by going bald in the promo, and I definitely think it payed off!

Jiggly Caliente is our next queen and the first of the big girls this season. Her name comes from Pokemon, and being a 90s kid, I was pleased to know I wasn't crazy in seeing the similar name to Jigglypuff. She may be big, but she is fierce and she knows it. She is very confident and has the presence of a superstar. She has the potential to win this, and that would be groundbreaking for the show, as no big girl has even made the top three yet.

Willam is third... Or is that Shangela? I can't be the only one not getting that vibe from her. She totally gives me that vibe. That aside, this girl actually looks rather sickning. She apparently sings for a band (which I will be looking up later!) and has dubbed herself the bitch of the show. We all know how much I love bitches. This may be one of my favorites this season, but I'm always scared to pick my favorites in the show before it airs. Last year, the one I thought would go all the way went home in the first episode!

Phi Phi O'Hara left a bad taste in my mouth. She spent a lot of her interview talking about how she is a role model, and I wasn't buying it. She really did have a great look, and she is really good about bragging about herself (almost as good as I am), so I guess the first bit could be overlooked.

Latrice Royale is another one of the big queens for this season. She isn't as polished as the rest of them. Her voice was way too deep for her look. I'm not talking cute Raja deep. I'm talking awkward Tyra deep. Bad deep. Her hair wasn't there. Her makeup was shoddy. I just wasn't feeling this one at all. Oh well. I can't be nice all the time, right?

Dida Ritz looks like she may be the underdog. While she does look pretty great, she is way more sheepish than the others. She is the first, and one of the only actually, to admit she is nervous about the competition. The again, she may have just been one of the few to be honest about it. She looked quite good and left a great impression.

Chad Micheals. Oh, Chad. I thought I had my opinion of you down pat before. Chad is already a big name in the drag community, most well known for his Cher impersonations (which he does VERY well, I might add) and I was shocked to see him in this competition. Much like the already rather famous Raja, I questioned why they chose her... and then I saw the interview. She is very, very nice and well put together. She may be the oldest of them all, but she is still stunning and has got the poise and grace that I feel so many of these girls lack.

Kenya Michaels isn't Chad's sister, but she is definitely fierce. She is the first of this seasons Puertorican queens, and I am instantly in love. She has a great personality and is probably only second to Alexis in English ability so far from the Latin queens in the show. I really hope she is the first Latin Diva to take the crown. I have to say I wouldn't be disappointed.

Lashauwn Beyond may be a weird name, but she definitely isn't a weird queen. She definitely had the best look for the robot themed promo shoot and she gave one hell of an interview. I hope she brings Gluegun Beyond along for the ride. That could get interesting.

Madam Laqueer is another oddly named queen and our second Puertorican queen -- and better yet she's the first big Latin queen in the history of the show! I have to say I was really digging her makeup. This bitch was channeling Pizzaz with that lightning bolt eye -- or maybe Ke$ha. Either way, she's got style, and I can't wait to see more of her.

Next up is Nicole Paige Brooks Milan. Ok, so that may have been a bad joke, but I can't help but just think of Ms. Brooks. She just gives off that vibe. I'm sure she is nice, but she looks very plain, at least for this promo. I really hope she pulls it out and werqs it during the show or she may be sent home early.

Sharon Needles. Oh, dear god where do I begin? She looks like a hot mess, as if she were trying to do Lady Gaga, but got drunk half way through getting dressed, but she is totally hilarious. I'm talking Pandora Boxx level hilarious -- and Tammie Brown genius. She is weird and outlandish, and pulls it off in a way that will either have you shocked or rolling on the floor with laughter, and I'm sure she'd love either one. She is definitely the stand out queen for me this season. Let's see anybody else who can take camp to a whole new level like this bitch.

The last interview was Alisa Summers. I'm not sure if it was just the hassle of watching twelve interviews before her or if that is just how she was, but I got a very middle of the road vibe from her. I found myself picking her wardrobe apart, from the bad tights to the gaged ears, but her physical appearance was very spot on -- like if Carmen Carrera and Alexis Mateo had a child. Yeah. I went there.

That's all of them. Thirteen queens this year -- meaning there probably won't be a Venus D-Light popping out of a box getting a second chance, but who knows. This season is going to be one hell of a ride. Keep in mind, these are my opinions, and I'm not forcing you to have the same thoughts as me. As a matter of fact, you should check out the interviews yourself and let me know who you think is the best of the best or the worst of them all!

2 comments:

  1. i love it! TranzKuntinental is my band. check it out. youtube and Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of Drag Race since Season One, but I caught a video of Sharon Needles and without seeing any of the others, I can say that she would be my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete