Monday, November 21, 2011

Song of the Week - Time To Go

This week, I chose a very special tune for Song of the Week. Kwanza Jones is an amazingly talented singer. She has released quite a bit of material, and is starting to build up some notoriety. Why haven't I chosen one of her songs before? This is the first single she has released in quite a while, and my blog is still pretty young. Let me introduce you to Kwanza Jones.


This song shows a definite new direction for Kwanza. Her last single, Think Again, was more of a rocker track, while this is much more in line with the current electro-pop scene going on. Versatility is one of greatest things an artist can have up their sleeve, and this song is just further proof that she can do almost anything. The cover for this one is also quite different and exotic compared to past looks from her. I hope this is something that sticks around, because she looks spectacular here.

The track is all about pushing everything to the limits and exploring all possibilities, until it is time to go of course. I feel like this is her most radio-ready single so far, at least considering the current state of pop music, and it really excites me that I may be hearing her on my radio some day (So I don't listen to the radio now, but if she were on the radio here, I would!).

You can buy her new track on iTunes. Please support this amazing artist, and keep checking back for something special involving Ms. Jones in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment