Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Get Ready For Hot Couture by Manila Luzon

The title says it all. I haven't even heard the full version of this song, and I am willing to go out on the line and say that this has the potential to be the Drag Song of the year -- Did I mention that was one of the awards categories I'm doing? Regardless, this song is going to be hot. Why am I doing a post on this? Well, let's just say I'm a little behind on the Manila news, so please allow me to catch up.


Look at that cover. It is AMAZING! I know I can always expect her to look stunning, but the actual design for the cover looks spectacular as well. I sometimes forget that Manila is well versed in graphic design (which is probably an understatement since I believe it's her day job). The outfit seems to be inspired by the infamous wig challenge from Drag Race season three. I also love that the signature blonde stripe is showcased in the photo too.

Lately she also revealed an extended clip of the song. While the only lyrics we have are still "Ooh La La", we get more of the backtrack. It has that same techno/borderline dubstep feel to it that "Go Off!" by boyfriend Sahara Davenport did, but in a different way. I still can't get over how amazing she sounds on the bits we did get to hear. Manila did say something on Twitter about using autotune, which I still haven't decided if it was a joke or not. I guess it doesn't matter, as I'd probably need it, too.





The single is going to hit the internet on November 8th. That is less than a week. Can I survive that long?

No comments:

Post a Comment