Monday, November 7, 2011

Song of the Week - Jello

Please don't hate me. I just can't even explain what it is that draws me to this song. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't give this song a second glance... but Far East Movement rules. Cherry Tree Records is amazing. I just can't pass this song up. If you want you can chalk it up to me being a fanboy.


Upon my first listen I thought the song was a bit of a mess. The back beat seems generic and the lyrics are all about poppin' bottles... but oh god I just can't stop listening to it. They talk about Cherry Tree Cola (which, by the way, this blogger has yet to taste. And after all the promo I do for them!), and they are just here to party. What is wrong with that?

It was nice to see Rye Rye pop up again. He song with Robyn was quite fun, and she doesn't disappoint this time around either. She is proving herself to be quite the talented female rapper. We need more of those on the scene, as the new age of girl rap consists solely of Nicki Minaj it seems.

You can buy the track on iTunes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment