Friday, November 25, 2011

Big For Boston

I may live in the Mid-South, but my heart lies in the North-East. As you may or may not know, a ton of my favorite artists reside in New England, most of which, oddly enough, live in Boston, MA. Lately, Boston has been stirring with musical news.


Freezepop, widely known for their stint on the early days of both Guitar Hero and Rock Band, made a splash at the Boston Music Awards last week. They took home the award for Electronic Artist of the Year. I'm not exactly sure what the Boston Electronic scene is like, and I didn't recognize any of the other nominees, but I'm sure this award still means a lot to the group. The band is still recording and touring today. They may be Duke-less, but they have since gained the equally sexy Bananas and the quirky and fun Christmas. They are one of the few bands that I can honestly say I liked "before they got big", and I certainly will continue loving them until the end of time.


Young London, masters at seeing if you are paying attention by slipping details via Twitter, have finally announced a December 6th release date for the new single New Reputation. I'm not yet sure if this is a good or a bad thing, as the video for their last single hasn't arrived on the net yet. For more info on the song, Sarah sent me all the juicy details that I wrote a post on not long ago. Knowing these two, it is bound to be one hell of a track. Keep it up, guys!


Jada is another Boston group on the move. Part of the resurgence of girl groups, these ladies got my attention quite a ways back with "American Cowboy" and then again with "This Party's On Fire" this past month. Having worked with Red One, it's not surprise these girls have some amazing jams up their sleeves. Earlier today, the girls announced they are going to release a new single and a new EP. The single is going to be Christmas themed, which doesn't exactly thrill me (I'm a bit of a scrooge), but I really like what they've done so far, so maybe they can win me over. It's happened before -- I mean "Christmas Tree" by Lady Gaga is one of the best X-mas tunes ever, and I'm not even a fan of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment