Monday, November 14, 2011

Song of the Week - Hot Couture

It has finally happened. My love for music and drag queens has collided in the best way possible. Manila Luzon, runner up of Ru Paul's Drag Race season three, has released one of the best songs of the year. No seriously, I'm not exaggerating. This song is amazing!


Just look at that cover! How could a song with such a stunning cover NOT be amazing? The song is a very upbeat techno/dance track that stays true to everything Manila Luzon is. The song is all about wearing the most amazing, one of a kind clothes. And I have to say "Let the strees be my runway tonight in this fashion show we call life" is one of my favorite lines ever.

By everything that Manila is, I am serious. She keeps her fun sense of humor with some adlibs during the chorus, as well as saying her name... a lot. She still has that self-mocking attitude as well, saying things like "ching chong" in reference to her Asian heritage, and bringing up her impersonation of Imelda Marcos.

If you don't believe me or think I'm being too biased because she's my favorite drag queen pretty much ever, then check it out for yourself. The song is available on iTunes. Buy it. BUY IT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment