Monday, March 12, 2012

Song of the Week - Silent Hill

Yeah. I'm a gamer nerd. Got a problem with that? It's not often that my love of gaming and music collide. I'm a lyrics type of guy. All these instrumentals, yeah they are pretty and fit nicely to the game, but I want something I can sing along to. Silent Hill is good at providing this.


Oh, Silent Hill, how you haunted me as a child and amused the crap out of me as an adult. This is one of the franchises I grew up with, and you bet I know all the lyrics to "You're Not Here." Jonathan Davis, on the other hand, I'm not such a big fan of. He is the lead singer of a metal band called Korn. It's not that I hate them or anything, I just never have been into rock. Let's just say the closest I've come to liking a Korn song has been when Evanescense covered their track "Thoughtless."

This song, the theme for the newest installment in the series Silent Hill Downpour, is actually far better than I thought it would be. It's vibe is dark and creepy, and it's lyrics are haunting. It works well both as a soundtrack piece and a standalone song, which is actually rather difficult to do for any artist. This certainly isn't a track to make you get up and dance, but it definitely has you pumped for the game and what is to come from Jonathan as a solo artist.

And yes, I'm buying this game.

Speaking of buying, buy the track for yourself on iTunes!

1 comment:

  1. Dawwwwww, way to get me excited for something I can't afford D:

    ReplyDelete