Thursday, November 29, 2012

Video Review - Kwanza Jones "Supercharged"

It has been soooo long since I've done a video review. Lately, there either haven't been videos that have really caught my eye with their visuals or story, or I have been incredibly lazy and just announced when the videos come out. It's your choice depending on how well you think of me, ya know? Anyway, a video finally has come forth that I really love, and I think it's about time to bring back my old style of reviewing music videos -- lots of pictures with cheap ass jokes! Check out Supercharged!



The video itself boils down to three different looks for Kwanza. I know that reading that one sentence you would think the video would be boring that way, but really, she is such an over the top character that I think she could be sitting in a padded room with a busted wig and half a corset and still be the most entertaining thing you've ever seen. The first look we come across is her "pink" look, and this one is probably my favorite for the whole video. I'd like to take a moment to say that even as a gay man, I can truly appreciate the fact that her boobs are huge!

Huuuuuuuge!

Also taking part in the scenes with Kwanza are some of the hottest backup dancers I've seen in a long while. In every scene they are wearing different attire to coincide with what Kwanza is wearing, but in the "pink" scenes are where they are the hottest. They are shirtless (!), are wearing some tight pants (!!), and have some hot body paint going on (!!!). Let's just say next time I shoot Ms. Jones and email I'm gonna be butterin' her up to find out these boy's numbers, ya hear?

My new "To-Do" list.
The second look Kwanza serves the fans is one that I am a bit on the fence about. It looks sickening, and fits right in with the video, but it gives me some real strong Nicki Minaj vibes that I can't seem to shake. Regardless, her outfit looks amazing. She has a sparkly leg wrap jewel piece, which is something I've never seen anywhere before, and some tights that only cover one leg. Can we say fashion trendsetter?

Bam, bitches!

For her final look, she keeps the colorful theme going, by serving us a hot combination of blues and purples, giving us more dyed hair loveliness that makes me wish I was a drag queen (maybe just a little).  She's standing atop a sea of mirrors in a lovely blue dress. The "blue" bits are more tame, which I am using relatively here because there isn't really a such thing as "tame" when it comes to Kwanza, and they show a more elegant side to her for the purposes of the video.

I LIVE for her amazing hair styles, hunty!
The spoken/rap breakdown is where things get shaken up a bit. You get to see "pink" Jones stomping towards the screen as well as being lead by an army of back up dancers, and you get to see another version of her screaming into a cheerleader megaphone. Herein she declares that she just doesn't care because she's got him by the balls, which is a painful yet accurate statement. This video only further proves that Kwanza Jones is a freaking boss!

You will hear me, and you will like it!
For a video that isn't plot centric, this one is top notch. Hell this video even outshines most other videos that have an order to them. This collection of different sides of Ms. Jones is a much different approach from her last video, "Time To Go", and it also shows us a much rawer side of the singer. "Supercharged" is all about power and energy, both of which she serves on a large scale in this video. It's been a very long journey, but I am very glad to finally see this video, as well as the album of the same title, finally coming to fruition.

Song's over now.
Buy the track on iTunes and check out the video below. Also, don't forget to scroll even further down to see some funny outtakes from my review!


BONUS:

Talk about running a train.
That awkward moment when all your dancers become Willam Belli.
It even comes with a free Work Out section!

No comments:

Post a Comment