Friday, July 27, 2012

The Veronicas Cause Twitter Uproar

Normally I wouldn't blog about something that is not only gossip, but not even about the US, but it's about the freaking Veronicas, people. How the hell can I resist talking about one of my favorite girl groups of all time?


The Veronicas may just be the best thing to come out of Australia. Like ever. They have been out of the spotlight for quite some time now, but I am glad to say that they are finally back, and apparently they are making a splash with all the tweenies over in Australia.

The Veronicas reportedly have been trash talking online (although I've yet to find the original source), calling out fellow Australian celebrities Janoskians -- a comedy group comprising of  five teens, including a fellow set of twins, posting viral videos via YouTube. The group have allegedly stated "how does being a jackass involve talent and they're releasing a single? Omg were not listening to that!" This is in reference to the recent announcement that the comedy group is going to be producing a single.

I spent about two hours digging around for info on this, and honestly, it took me ages to find anybody who knew what was even said. Twitter fans are in an uproar over the statement, but most just seem to be going on and on about how much they now hate the Veronicas. I found it very amusing that people were so quick to hate even without so much as a sliver of proof.

I am not sure if the above quote is 100% legit, but even so I can see where they are coming from. The basis of their statement was just because someone is famous does not entitle them to be able to make music. Sure you can go from being a media star to being a singer, but that often times makes people who have clawed their way from the bottom up a bit off-put.

I am obviously on the side of my girls, but then again, I am a pop music blogger, and "Untouched" was a big part of my life when I was in high school (giving away my age?). Plus, they just released a new song, which I am sure is being helped out by their recent feud. Unfortunately it is not out in the United States just yet, but you bet your ass as soon as it is, it will pop back up on this blog as Song of the Week!

1 comment:

  1. . . . the Veronicas have a new song out? DO WANT. Ugh, love them so much~♥

    ReplyDelete