Monday, July 30, 2012

Song of the Week - Settle Down

I know, I know. I posted an article not long ago saying how disappointed I was in this song, but that was me being a giant stan. This week I have stepped back and looked at the song from a different perspective, and you know what? It's not too bad.


No Doubt is finally back. This ain't no cover-for-TV crap (that I actually loved, no joke), this is a legit new single as a lead in to a brand-spankin'-new album. This alone should get me excited, but I was so blinded by the lack of change that they had promised beforehand. I was expecting classic No Doubt, but instead I got Hella Good No Doubt. Oh well. It's still the worlds greatest rock band. Ever. Don't hate.

The song sounds like they picked up exactly where they left off with their last album, a fresh mix of Reggae and Rock with just a slight tinge of Ska tossed in. To be honest, I always have been in love with Gwen Stefani's voice, so she could do any style of music, and I would fall in love with it. The song took some time to grow on me, but it's chorus is catchy, and it is already taking over the airwaves on the radio.

How can I not be part of the No Doubt revival? The world is right again.

Buy the track on iTunes. Do your part to ensure No Doubt NEVER stops making music. Ever. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment