Friday, July 6, 2012

Updates: New Aqua + Koda Kumi

Today is a double dish of updates, because when news comes, it comes in waves -- giant waves. Let's get right down to business and present the super exciting news first. Yes, it has to do with Aqua. No, I don't care if you care.


Ohh Aqua, how I love thee. I posted a few days ago that Aqua announced to some fans backstage that they were going to be releasing a new single this Fall, but conveniently left out whether it was new or lifted from their recent studio album, Megalomania. For those who payed attention, a Facebook and Twitter update came into view, straight from the source. The post has since been deleted (or I'm bad at Facebook, don't judge me), but thankfully Aqua Fan Page saw the same post I did and screen capped it!


Two new Aqua songs! Looks like we might get another dual single like the release of "Playmate To Jesus/Like A Robot". Hopefully both of the songs are amazing (of course they will be!) and both get videos made. I am still clinging to the hopes that there was a video for "Like A Robot" that will surface one day.

Moving on to Koda Kumi. Yes. More Koda Kumi.

I can't help myself. I just have to talk about her, and given how amazing her last studio album and remix album were, I just cannot wait for this remix compilation to come out. "Beach Mix" may be a bunch previously released stuff set to new (fabulous) back beats, but I must remind you that there is a new song attached to it -- "Whachu Waitin' On." It may be over a month from the release, but that isn't stopping Koda Avex from promoting the hell out of it. As a matter of fact, they released a snippet of the video. Check it out.




It is like if Lady Gaga did bubblegum pop. Yes. Those are spikes attached to her face. No, I don't know why.

The video is shot mostly from the chest up, probably because Koda is currently extremely pregnant. This girl doesn't waste any time, at least. Not only is she shooting a video while very knocked up, she is also planning a tour for as early as December for Japan, meaning that she's gotta lose that baby weight hella fast.

And Lastly, I need to clear up an error I made earlier. "Whatchu Waitin' On" is not the new Koda Kumi single. Koda Kumi's fifty-third single (Jesus!) is currently untitled and slated for Fall of this year. I guess she needs a couple of days to recover and be a mommy before she hits the recording booth to churn out more ear candy for the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment