Monday, July 23, 2012

Song of the Week - Sleep Alone

Believe it or not I've known about these guys for a while. I'm not gonna say I keep up with them and go to their shows, but I have jammed out to their music before, and I can recognize it when it is played -- both shocked and excited when this new song popped up on my radar. Check out Two Door Cinema Club's newest single "Sleep Alone".


This group isn't exactly rock, and they aren't exactly pop either. This group lives somewhere in limbo between the two extremes, making for a nice unique break from all the techno bumping beats and the dubstep wahwahwahs. This is the reason I choose to listen to them on occasion, and I believe that this song does their sound justice. Combine this different sound with a distinctive vocalist and you have a band that you cannot easily forget.

This song in particular doesn't seem to be an obvious single, but it really does grow on the listener after a few listens. The lyrics are telling a story, but are a bit confusing due to using different metaphors, such as using dreams and ghosts to describe emotions. I won't even pretend to know the true meaning behind the lyrics, but they are catchy, and they are set up in a way that can be taken different ways in order to keep things interesting for the listener.

You can grab a copy of the track for yourself on iTunes. Their new album "Beacon" comes out September 4th in both regular and limited editions.

No comments:

Post a Comment