Monday, July 16, 2012

Song of the Week - Heart Attack

Who says I don't listen when people try and tell me that they are making quality music. Recently, I was contacted by yet another Australian independent artist who wanted me to take a look at their music. This time around his name is Mykal Hoare, and he definitely has a great debut single. Check it!


Most of the time, I will put my favors in the corner of the indie artist trying to make a name for themselves. This go around, Mykal is spreading his music from his native Australia to the United States, giving us a great pop song that feels a bit off kilter -- in a good way. The song is a chorus of moans, vocal effects, and crazy pulsing beats, so obviously it's right up my alley.

Heart Attack has a bit of an unconventional message, begging for that special someone the song is all about to prevent him from having a heart attack. The lyrics are a bit hard to make out sometimes, both due to the insanely addicting beat, as well as the computerized vocals. This is not necisarily a bad thing, as it works very well for the song, but it took a couple of listens to "get to" the lyrics, so to speak. Regardless, I love the song, and it's so odd to think that had he not come to me on Twitter, I would have never heard this track.

Support the artist by buying the song on iTunes! Damn I'm starting to love me song Australian pop.

1 comment: