Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Couple Of Duh's For Drag Race All-Stars

Drag Race news has been pretty slow lately. I guess that Logo doesn't want to outshine Drag U with any news on the upcoming season(s) of Ru Paul's Drag Race. As a matter of fact, all they will even say is that Ms. Penny Tration won the online contest to get on the new season. As for this fall's upcoming "All-Stars" season, the are being a little more liberal with the info. Only a little.


Yup. The most obvious selection they could make to get great ratings for the very first All-Stars season is to cast Pandora Boxx, the biggest start to be spun from the franchise (although Latrice is giving her a run for her money as of late). I have been a major Pandora Boxx fan since she first appeared on my TV what seems like forever ago, and I have been stalking loving her ever since.

Casting Pandora on the show was a no-brainer. The rest of the cast is a pretty heated debate in the fandom. Most really want to see Raven and Jujubee, while I'm in Manila Luzon's corner on this one. Other front runners are Latrice Royale, Shannel, and surprisingly enough (due to her low ranking on her season) Mimi Imfurst.

What we do know, though, is that Sharon Needles isn't going to be on the show. I mean did they really feel the need to announce this? Sure, she was a fan favorite, but she won! And it hasn't even been a full year since she was crowned. Having the ruling queen on an All-Star season would be kind of pointless. I'm glad that she released a video stating that she wants to share her spotlight with others. I'm liking her more and more ever day -- and just in time to see her live show this coming weekend!

That is literally all there is to say as far as Drag Race news goes for now. I know there are tons of rumors floating around about the cast, and most of them are probably true, but as far as the record goes, I can't say who is who. I can say that if the rumors I've been hearing are true, it is going to be a controversial year for the show.

For now, you can catch all your favorite queens in the faux all-stars version of the show Ru Paul's Drag U every Monday. Check your local listing hunties. Once again I'm sorry I haven't been reviewing this season of Drag U, but with both All-Stars and Season Five coming up, I need this as a sort of 'holiday', if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment