Monday, July 2, 2012

Song of the Week - Good Time

I don't usually buy into the mainstream radio scene, but I just can't resist the charm that is Carly Rae Jepsen. She's just so... adorable and cute. I can honestly say this was one of the easiest song of the week choices I've ever had to make. It's "Good Time" by Carly and Owl City!


I don't have much reasoning behind choosing this song other than I freaking love Carly. She may not be the most talented singer, but she has the charm (and the right friends, so I hear). I wasn't too keen on Owl City's debut single, but this song really has him growing on me. The two light pop singers mesh very well in the song itself despite looking a bit odd seeing the two names next to each other.

The two are featured rather equally, giving the song a great balance, as well as a bit of variety from the norm of what is heard on the radio recently. The beat is a bit more "normal" in that it has the typical teen-pop sound to it with a bit of electronic bits mixed in. The lyrics are a bit simple, repeating "We don't even have to try/It's always a good time" over and over for the chorus, but it does it's job in being an earworm, although not as badly as "Call Me Maybe."

Support the artists and buy the song! It's rather... addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment