Monday, December 5, 2011

Song of the Week - Hologram

No, it's not a new Jem and the Holograms song, it's the newest track from my girls Mimi, Ronny, and JC under the name XELLE. I interviewed them a few months ago where they said a new single was "coming very soon." Well, guys, it's finally here. Get into "Hologram."

Dubbing themselves the "party girls of pop," they sure did have a lot to live up to. I think it's safe to say after this new song that they definitely live up to the reputation. This song is an electronic orgasm, completely fun from start to finish. The beats are amazing, and I really am in love with Zach Adam's style, as he also is working with another rising star, Moses.

The lyrics are my favorite part of the song. The story is about a man that is nothing but an illusion, bringing about one of the best lines in a song: "You're a fiction of my affection." Is that not sickening? I also find myself randomly spouting off "Holla Holla Hologram!" Maybe I should hire these ladies to write my debut single.

As a bit of an update: I have been poking them about the video, but they still won't say a lot. On a radio interview, JC said that the video will be "one hundred times the work" that the "Party Girl" video was. She also mentioned that she didn't think anyone had used the medium like this for a music video. It sounds so exciting, but the release won't come about until March at the earliest. You better work, ladies.

Until then, why don't you buy the track on iTunes? It's killer!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I love Xelle as well! I came across your blog a few days ago. I like what you are doing and I love this piece! Hologram is my new jam! Follow and I'll follow you ;)

    ReplyDelete