Monday, December 12, 2011

Song of the Week - Where Did You Go

Why do you look so surprised? I mean, it's not like Young London is the only thing I listen to! Sometimes, singles hit the market and got very unnoticed. Stephen Jerzak seems to be one of these artists. I don't know why, either. He's not half bad.


A little less electronic than what Jerzak fans may be used to and a bit more singer/songwriter, this track definitely is a departure from this blog's norm. The accoustic guitar is a nice welcome from my usual over processed techno beats. His voice is quite amazing, and has me left regretting not reviewing his album that came out earlier this year when I had the chance.

This song is all about love that is lost. He spends the song wondering about that girl that just slipped through his fingers, asking if she still thinks of him or even cares. The theme, along with the stripped down feel of the song, get the emotions and vulnerability across very well, making for an excellent track.

You can preview and buy the track on iTunes. Remember kids, support your artists. Don't go illegally downloading everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment