Thursday, December 1, 2011

Site News: The Universal Conquest Awards



It is finally here. The event I've been planning for months. I am so insane that I have decided to give out my own awards. There are so many great pop artists out there, and only a select few get recognized, so I've decided to take it upon myself to award some of pop music's lesser known artists, the underdogs if you will. For my first year I've started out small with six categories. A select group of my closest friends and I will determine all but one of the awards. Sound unfair? Well I've left the biggest and most important award to you guys. So you'd better vote!

Here are the non-voting categories and their nominees:

BEST DEBUT
Best Debut
Young London - Let Me Go
XELLE - Party Girl
Colette Carr - (We Do It) Primo
Chris DiSario - Could This Be Love
Black Cards - Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Fame

BEST DRAG SONG
Sahara Davenport - Go Off!
Manila Luzon - Hot Couture
Pandora Boxx - Cooter
Raja - Daimond Crowned Queen
Holestar - Queen of F***ing Everything

BEST NON-SINGLE
RuPaul feat. Jipsta - Sexy Drag Queen (Jared Jones La Push Remix)
Simon Curtis - Joshua
Frankmusik - Struck By Lightning
Demi Lovato - Hold Up
Ultraviolet Sound - Electric Misfit Love Machine

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Frankmusik - Do It In The AM
Demi Lovato - Unbroken
Natalia Killa - Perfectionist
Nadia Oh - Colours
Aqua - Megalomania

EDITOR'S PICK - SONG OF THE YEAR
My selection based on this years Song of the Week selections.

The big one? Song of the Year. That's where I need you guys. If you are a stan of any of these artists, pick their track. Vote on the poll at the right hand side of the page. Voting will end in the wee hours of December 24th and the winners will be posted the following morning. This is your chance to give your favorite the credit they deserve!

I know, it's December, which means there's one more month worth of awesome songs to select from. Don't worry, as the column will continue, but the selections will be eligible for NEXT year's Song of the Year contest. Don't see your fave listed? Go up to the Recommendations page and shoot me an email suggesting who you think deserves the spotlight.

1 comment: