Monday, December 26, 2011

Song of the Week - Better Than I Know Myself

Ok, ok. So I kind of said last week I didn't like this song, but I also said it would probably grow on me. It has. Get over it. I'mma talk about Adam Lambert now.


As much as I detest shows like American Idol, every once in a while they produce some amazing talent. I don't pay much attention to the show because I believe that it's pretty much a karaoke competition, but nonetheless, once the top dogs release original material, I generally star paying attention. Adam Lambert was definitely one of these cases. Oh yeah, and he's really pretty.

This song is much less electro-pop than what people have come to expect from this established pop star. His wailing vocals get the emotions of the lyrics across very well, clinging to that last desperation of holding on to the one who he loves most of all. Overall, the song is very sweet, and it has a very strong story and message behind it, making it relatable to a large audience. I really hope his upcoming album explodes, because if the rest of the tracks are anything like this, it's going to be one of the best of 2012.

You can buy the track on iTunes. If you don't it means you are a douche. Just sayin'.

13 comments:

  1. You have great taste in music ! Adam's vocals are drop dead gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, his voice is amazing on this track. I can't wait for his next album, it's gonna be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahaha I'm in love with the last sentence in your post! The song is amazing, took me a couple of listens, now I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And as amazing as the song is on iTunes or the radio, he is that one-of-a-kind artist who makes it even better 'LIVE'... and yes, he WILL hit those high notes without any 'auto-tune' help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song is an earworm. 2 listens and your hooked! Can't wait for radio spins to pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Adam's new song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Yes! Adam Lambert's upcoming album "Trespassing" will be one of the best of 2012! I enjoyed reading your insightful thoughts! and... "You can buy the track on iTunes. If you don't it means you are a douche. Just sayin'." <--- LOL! So Funny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the record, I put the "It means you are a douche" portion because I am very passionate about buying music. If you don't buy the music, they may not continue making it! Support your favorites and keep them in buisness. Money isn't love, but music is, and music takes money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your words are my words EXACT! "Better Than I Know Myselllllllllf" loving this so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great review! Luckily I don't have to be a douche, because I LOVE this song and simply ADORE the ultra-talented performer that is Adam Lambert! BEST MALE SINGER EVER! Yes..EVER! ( and I'm a huge Freddie Mercury fan!) ADAM RULES! :D RedRoseQueen1 THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful song - the vocal layering and harmony are exquisite. And the bridge - sublime. Way beyond so much of the pop music today. Deserves to go to the top of the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased that Better Than I Know Myself has grown on you. I loved it on first listen and am addicted now - new album should blow anything else out of the water when it's released. Adam is a truly authentic artist - no trickery needed where he is concerned. His voice is pure gold.(Denise)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This song has really grown on me too. Everytime I listen, I hear something new which makes it stand out from most of the formulaic pop out there. One of the collaborators on his new album is Bruno Mars; can't wait to see what they've cooked up together!

    ReplyDelete