Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Coming Soon: Jada + Young London + Koda Kumi

It's time. Everybody is announcing their fresh start for the new year. I love it when this time of year comes around, the new year is fast approaching and that means SO MUCH NEW MUSIC! Three of my favorites have already staked their claim in the early months of 2012, and they are giving everyone a look of what's to come.


Four piece girl group Jada have been on my radar for a while. Being one of Red One's projects, it's no wonder they have had some amazing tracks, but they disappeared for nearly two years until this past fall where they released "This Party's On Fire". Thankfully, they aren't letting the momentum die this time around, and have announced not only a new EP, but also a Christmas single.

The four have put a preview of the EP up on their official website. The mini-album doesn't seem to have a title (that I can tell) but it does include "This Party's On Fire" and another solid club track "Supersonique," which I've seen some of the girls hint at. The website lets you preview 60 seconds of each track, giving you a good look at what the album is all about. I've always been weary of girl group's non-single tracks, but I am LOVING all of these tracks, especially "Mercy Killing." No exact date has been announced, but I'll assume it will be released in early January.


I'm not sure if I can brag on these guys enough. They were my first ever interview, and they are still some of the coolest people I have ever got to speak with. They just dropped their newest single, "New Reputation," channeling all of their 90's pop influences into one sexy-ass track.

The self-titled album is due out January 10, 2012. Can't wait that long for all of the Euro-dance goodness? Hop on over to Amazon to be able to preview 30 seconds of each track. I know, it's not long enough, but it will give you a good idea of how epic this album is going to be. "Be My Radio" and "Whipped" will be played obsessively in my car after this album comes out.


Ok, this may not be the exact criteria for this blog, as it is not easily accessible, but when I saw this on my Facebook feed, I just couldn't pass it up. Koda Kumi has been a favorite Japanese singer of mine for ages (I mean did you see her fierce acting in Cutie Honey?), and I did review the music videos for her "4 Times" single. While I don't expect to review something in a language I don't speak fluently, I did find something amusing. All of the "4 Times" singles are listed as tracks on the album, but one isn't exactly as you might remember it.

The song "V.I.P." now has "featuring T-Pain" tacked on the end. Oh. My. God. The Lord of Autotune is teaming up with Koda Kumi. I'm not sure if I'm excited or mortified, but I'll accept it. The fan page also says that there will be a music video for every song on the album. I'm not sure if this is a typo, but if not, I really think Koda has gone off the deep end. I mean having four music videos released at once is kind of crazy, but a full seventeen track album full? That's insane!

UPDATE: After cross-referencing several sites and having a few translations done, it is being said that she will have seventeen music videos. One. For. Every. Track. THERE IS A GOD! Here's to hoping T-Pain gets shoehorned in the V.I.P. video.

2 comments:

  1. JADA is a seriously talented group! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love jada!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love them! Especially the one wit the red hair

    ReplyDelete