Monday, December 19, 2011

Song of the Week - Sunrise

I know. You are speechless. Yes, I am aware the Colette Carr released a single this week, too, but my life doesn't (always) revolve around her. I mean, I like other songs sometimes too. Jeeze. Lay off me. Oh? You're shocked because it's a Dev song? Yeah, we'll get to that in a moment. Song of the Week this week is "Sunrise" by The Cataracs and Dev.


I just don't know what it is about this song. The airy vocals by Dev are amazing, the beat is insane, and actually getting to hear the guys behind the beats was crazy! I couldn't miss the chance to feature one of my favorite song producing teams on my site. Everything they touch is amazing, and this song doesn't fail.

The only place I really have a place with this song is in the lyrics. The beat, yeah, amazing, but the lyrics -- A very different story. The first problem is Dev's obsession with saying "popping bottles in the ice". Yeah. She says it here. Again. Do you see my problem with her yet? And then the Cataracs say "I just did a car bomb in the back seat of a car." I dont really know what a car bomb is, but I'll assume it's not a literal one. Despite these two instances, the rest of the song is amazing, dancable, and an instant hit. I'm starting to like Dev. No, I'm not eating my own words, she's just getting better.

You can buy the song on iTunes. Do it. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment