Sunday, December 11, 2011

MYPHNH(BS) - Silveradio

Music comes in all forms. It's not always about the singer. Often times, there is a hidden face behind the beats, or it has been completely revamped by a talented remix artist. My point is, you don't always have to be a vocalist to express yourself artistically. With that being said, lemme introduce you to Silveradio.


To be honest, I wasn't even aware that my friend was making music. I had known him for at least a year before I knew he was seriously making music, and at the time I was rather skeptical about listening to music that wasn't headlined by a vocalist. What can I say, I was naive. I did, however, have faith in my friend, and finding talent in the wasteland we are from is rare, so I gave it a shot. I can honestly say that even if I had not been friends with him, I would still enjoy his music immensely. How can I say this with such certainty?

One day, while riding in a car with his sister, a hot jam came on the radio via her driving playlist. This song was a very amazing remix of E.T. by Katy Perry (A song that under normal circumstances I cannot stand). This was around the time that I was really getting into remix EPs, so I asked: "Who's version is this?" Of course, it was the Silveradio mix. It was then that I started to look at his music more seriously, and I have to say that he really did impress me.

Being a pop music freak, I was much more quickly drawn to his remixes of pop tracks. He has given his own spin to Adele, Katy Perry, and Britney Spears. Recently, however, he has decided to go bak to his roots with his music, and has begun to focus more on his original material to release on online retailers. His iTunes debut "Rain (11 Remake)" is available for purchase here. Let me give the disclaimer that for full effect you should listen to the song with some great sub woofers, such as heavy-duty computer speakers or a car stereo. It sounds so much better that way.

The Silveradio style is called Techn-Trance. In line with this genre is a steady build up in the music, starting out with just on or a couple of tracks of music and building up as the song continues. By the mid point of the song, each bit of the song is going full force. The style allows for people to see what all goes into a song, and creates more of a movement than offering everything upfront.
 
He may have taken down his remixes, but three of his core songs, "Tempo", "Destinox", and "Winterspring" are still up on his official site Turboturbo. I have also bullied him into entering a remix contest to potentially be on a remix album for a rising star in the pop world, Kwanza Jones. I have heard an initial version of his Silverado mix of "Time To Go", and it was sick.

Lyrics are not always required to convey a feeling or an emotion in a song. In fact, being able to express yourself without lyrics can be even more impressive and impacting . Then again, who knows? Maybe one day I'll talk him into letting me add some lyrics to one of his tracks.

If you don't have the cashflow to buy music, please go die another mix of his debut single is available to download for free (at leas to the next 99 people) on SoundCloud. So listen below, download, and enjoy. Or else. This is the internet and I can't get in trouble for threatening.


Rain (11 Chill Mix) by Silveradio

1 comment: