Friday, December 2, 2011

JohnBoyCool Unleashes "Greed"

Another pre-release track from JonhBoyCool's new mixtape, "Greed" follows in line with the theme of the "7 Sins" title. He has been teasing us with this mixtape for a while now, originally saying it would be out on Halloween. Hopefully it will be out soon. Til then, let's take a look at "Greed".


This song is more rap than anything I've heard from this artist before. I'm not sure how I feel about it, as I was madly in love with the electric sound from his first mixtape. The lyrics fall more in line with greed than the previous pre-release track "Vanity", as he is talking about wanting it all during the track. There is even a break in the song with a very distorted voice talking about how greed is actually a good thing.

The guest on the tack, Chris King, does his job well. I've never been huge on the fad of having rappers guest in the middle of your track, but at the same time, I like seeing artists able to work together. I'd never heard of this guy before, but seeing as this group is still emerging into the music scene, I'm sure I'll see him pop up again. It's just leaving me with the question if any of the "7 Sins" tracks will be just JohnBoyCool without any features.

While not as instantly lovable like the "Too Cool 4 School" mixtape, the song is growing on me. It's dubstep back beat, paired with Jonhboy's distinctive voice refuse to let me dislike this song in any way. If you want something fresh and fun, get this track. And hey, as of now, it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment