Friday, May 27, 2011

Pandora Boxx's Debut Single + Drag U Season 2

 I could give you all a million and one excuses for the lack of updates the past few days (I never said this was a daily blog, did I?) OR I could just go on and get with the news, already, yes? So off we go!


Sexy chick, right? Well let me go ahead and reveal just how gay I am by saying that this is a man. Pandora Boxx is a drag queen from the hit TV series Ru Paul's Drag Race, winning season two's fan picked title of "Miss Congeniality". After her controversial elimination in season two, she became a "drag professor" on Ru Paul's Drag U, a spin off of Drag Race.

Recently on her twitter, Ms. Boxx announced that she is recording her very first single via her twitter @ThePandoraBoxx . The yet-to-be-named single is co-wrote and produced by Jipsta, who just releaesd his album "Bandoozle". Preview it and buy it here. Pandora has not revealed much about her new single, but she remains her witty self when revealing things (She said this was going to be the cover of her album). The only serious information about it seems to be the first line: "I see this straight guy from the corner of my eye..." I am going to remain extremely optimistic about this. Drag Queens releasing songs is an awesome phenomenon pioneered by the queen Ru Paul herself, and I hope that Pandora shines through the crowd.

In other news, Drag U is coming back for a second season! I'll admit, I was really skeptical of the show at first. I mean Drag Race was awesome, but in the back of my head I had the thought "Why would real women want to look like a drag queen." Most of the queens on Drag Race wore outlandish clothes and looked crazy half the time (thats why we love it, right?) but I gave season one a shot and I fell in love. It was awesome seeing the previous season's queens again, most of whom Id grown to love.

This season's nostalgia (?) factor is looking to be no let down. Just take a look at the professor list:

Carmen Carrera
Jujubee    
Manila Luzon    
Mariah
Morgan McMichaels
Ongina    
Pandora Boxx
Raven    
Shannel

And get this! Both BeBe and Tyra are joining the very impressive list of professors. Thats right. The first two winners of Drag Race are going to be part of Drag U. Personally, I am more excited to see Manila, Raven, and of course Pandora Boxx again. The new season starts June 20, and you better believe I'm going to be recapping every episode right here.

3 comments:

  1. Some of the hottest women I've ever met turned out to be Queens. You've been to one of the drag shows at ASU, right? Sexy bitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks fierce! Drag U should be fabulous!

    By the way, the single is extremely fun and pretty hilarious lyrically. I was lucky enough to get to hear some preliminary mixes of the track while it was in progress as I know and work with the producer. The track was actually produced by Joey Cole - who also produced several tracks on Jipsta's album. You're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Raven, Pandora, Jujubee, Manila and Shannel. They are my favorites and I hope to see a lot of them on Drag U.

    ReplyDelete