Friday, September 4, 2015

Below Deck Season 3 Episode 2 [Review]

Do you ever ask yourself  "Why am I doing this?" Because I was when I started up episode two of this show. Some of the antics that certain crew members pull are just insane, but thankfully there's Kate and Don to keep me grounded. So I will forge on! The rest of the crew is surely going to grow on me as the show continues, right? Even if they don't Kate is enough of a reason for anyone to watch. Hello new Stassi!



We start off right where last week left off with Emile and Rocky on the mast up by the radar. Eddie got them down pretty quickly and tried to make it sound like he was concerned, but Kate just spoke her mind. Again, I love Kate. Like a ton. Kate layed into Rocky hardcore. She pretty much made Rocky her bitch.

In a totally different spectrum of reality TV emotions, we have Connie dealing with the passing of her father. This came out of nowhere, but she said that she and her father had not been close for a long time, so she kind of shrugged it off. I feel like it may play a bigger role coming up.

The crew doesn't have a lot of time to adjust, as the guests from last episode are still there. Kate stayed on top of her steward crew. The deckhands went over to the beach to set up the party. It was strange to see the crew off the boat after spending the entire first episode there. Don offered to get naked and lay the food on his body. Why wasn't that idea accepted? The party went pretty well, with the guest of honor only being about 60% as drunk as he was the last time we saw him. That's a good thing, right?

Rocky tried to bond with Connie awkwardly, but Connie was so sidetracked by her family problems that she wasn't having it. It's also worth mentioning that Kate and Connie are from the same town and are friends. God, Rocky is not smart at all. Back on the boat, we have Kate and Leon arguing over dinner, as they asked for a Mexican theme dinner, and Leon wants to make angel hair pasta. What? That's Italian. Surely he knows that pasta isn't Mexican at all. The guests had the same sort of "What the hell" reaction that I did, but they ended up enjoying it, so both I and Kate are backing down with this one.


There is so much drama going on with this show that I can hardly keep up. I look away from the screen for two seconds and suddenly Emile and Don are going at it. Apparently Don is disrespectful. News flash, Emile, he is sexy as hell. He could burn down a whole neighborhood and I'd still be a fan of his. They also get into it with Eddie, grilling him about his girlfriend, who I feel like is probably a dude because I get major gay vibes from him, but I will take his word for it.

In the aftermath of the party, Connie explained to Captain Lee and Eddie that her father had passed away. Her brother really wanted her to come home, but she was a bit hesitant. Both the captain and the bosun were very understanding of her situation. Meanwhile Katy and Amy are bonding over their lack of respect for Rocky. I'm glad that they are getting along, mostly because Amy is so adorable. Rocky sort of deserves the hate, as she's a complete airhead.

And like that we finally got to the last day of the charter. With only about three hours of sleep, the crew was all up and going again. I have no idea how they do it, to be honest. Kate and Leon are both getting fed up with being roommates. She really wanted to swap with Eddie (who wants to swap to, but doesn't want  her to know). Kate decided to take the issue to Captain Lee, and I honestly have no idea if the issue was resolved or not because Captain Lee only says like three words.

In the last episode the guests wanted Aerosmith on board really bad, so the crew took sexy Don and dressed him up like an 80s rocker. It was a hot mess, but I couldn't help but love it because he's cute. The guests really enjoyed it, so I guess it really didn't matter much in the long run. I really wish this part had been longer, but it looked like he wanted to get the hell out of there and not be their plaything any more.


Over all I would say that they did a pretty decent job on their first charter. Being a two part episode (more or less) I was expecting more stuff to go wrong, but the embarrassment was minimal, and the new crew really kept up with the experienced members. Most everything was handed professionally, and they kept good face around the customer. Behind the scenes may have been another beast all together, but at least the people they were catering too didn't see any of that. They dealt with all sorts of craziness, including being offered to the guests' bedrooms (both the girls and the guys), and made it out in one piece. Bravo for these guys.

Just when I was sure the drama was done for the day, they went do dock the boat for the first time, and cute Don started screwing everything up. He apparently was tightening a line he shouldn't have? I have no idea because I know nothing about boats, but both Eddie and Captain Lee were pissed as hell at him. He held a meeting with the boat hand crew to discuss the whole charter. First he grilled into Emile, telling him that Rocky is a bad influence and to keep his head straight. Don got his ass handed to him, too.



They finally see the crazy guests off the yacht, and he hands the captain a huge wad of cash as a tip. Lee brings everyone together to discuss the trip, and told them that the charter was a success. He let them know that everybody got over a grand a piece for the tips. Everybody (sans Kate) was really impressed and happy with the money they got.

Finally the guys have a half day off, and they all enjoyed it their own ways. Kate finally made the move to Eddie's old room, and they all went out on shore leave to drink at the bar. Everybody looked really different in their "street clothes".  I really found the whole off-boat segment to be really boring, like a Vanderpump Rules repeat. I've seen this before. More boat fun, please! Thankfully this portion was pretty short.

There was more Kate/Rocky drama that I really didn't care much about. Rocky is too hard headed to understand that Kate is an expert at this. Rocky has a mental break down, which is how this week ends. I kind of feel bad for her, but at the same time she annoys the piss out of me, so not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment