Monday, January 28, 2013

Site News: Drag Race Updates And Disclaimers

I didn't know if I should even "go there" and post something like this, but after all the insanity that was Drag Race Season Four, I think it needs to be said. I am going to take a moment to discuss with you my reasons for saying what I say and doing what I do. Consider this your warning.


Where should I begin? First of all, I have to say this, and make it very clear. When I read a queen, it is almost always in good fun. These are people on a television show. Unless you are their friend or have met/worked with them, you really have no business judging them. I write for your entertainment and to be funny, so when I say something like "...and that wig looked rancid!", it is merely to get a laugh out of a few people, not to say that said performer is bad at what they do. They did make it on the show, after all, and that has to say something if they were picked out by Ru herself.

That brings me to my first major point. Any rude comments said out of malice or hatred will be removed. Period. I put up with some very rude people last season, and I won't do so again. I don't care if you can't stand a queen. Go ahead and tell me why, but if one cannot convey their opinions without degrading someone else, the comments will have to be taken down. This is for the good of not only myself, but for the queens themselves.

Secondly, I have to bring up something that has put me under fire recently. Yes, I do find much of the casting this season to be very suspicious. I will do my best to put these feelings aside and keep in mind that it is just a TV show, but this can be hard to do. As a human being I have my own opinions, and I will do my best to convey them in the most civilized way possible. If I don't fawn over your favorites or judge them more harshly than you think I should, don't get too offended. We are all coming into the show with our predetermined thoughts. I originally didn't agree with the casting of already famous Chad Michaels being cast last year, but she completely changed my mind. If you really have faith in your fave, give me a few episodes. Maybe I'll change my mind.

Lastly I want to say that this is a spoiler free zone. Occasionally information is spread around, most of which makes it's way to me, but I will not be posting about anything that has not aired on Logo yet (hence why I haven't put up my review of the first episode even though the full episode minus the elimination has been on their website). I didn't have a problem with fans posting spoilers or rumors in the comments last year, and I appreciate your courtesy. 

Thank you all for your support. Drag Race has been a big part of TOTU from day one, and will continue to be as long as it stays on the air. I hope that I can keep the laughs going this year in my reviews, and I can't wait to hear what you guys think of my oddball take on things again. Tomorrow will kick off the first of my reviews, to which will hopefully stay on schedule this season.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said. I still haven't watched the episode. (I'm waiting until the full episode airs on the website tomorrow. I live on campus with no Logo). So I'll just say I'm team Jolie, Andrews and Pinay. Good luck to the queens!

    ReplyDelete