Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012's Biggest Misses: Jipsta On Ranny's Debut EP

Man I am a horrible friend. Jipsta, a constant supporter of mine and good friend, has released another new song. Usually I'm on top of his new music, but this one slipped right past my radar. Again, I've missed something everyone expected me to talk about. Please allow me to rectify this situation by talking to you about Ranny having Jipsta's new track on his debut EP. Lemme talk about "Moombah Zoombah".

 

All biased aside, I have to say that Jipsta has come a long way over the past two years. His debut album was a long journey, and at times it really did show. This song, along with the other single that was by both Ranny and Jipsta "Lover Who Rocks You" both sound astronomically more polished and on point. Not to say I didn't love his debut!

The song, as the name suggest, sounds a bit more tribal and raw than what is heard on the radio. As always, Ranny has produced an addictive beat for Jipsta to flow to. Speaking of which, JP's raps on this track not only run smoothly and sound just as good, if not better, than rap you would hear on the radio these days.

Ok maybe I'm biased just a little, but he is good!

The rest of Ranny's debut EP, "Party Crasher" has a lot of familiar faces. Not only does it have Jipsta's other newest single featuring Reina, it also has the song he released a while back with Drag Race star Jessica Wild, "You Like It Wild" and the track with Drag Race Allstar Nina Flowers "Loca -- both of which were pretty big hits considering the names they were paired off with.

You can buy "Moomba Zoomba", as well as the full "Party Crasher" EP on iTunes. Give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment