Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012's Biggest Misses: Punk Bunny's New Album

I cannot lie. I have been a fan -- like a legitimate fan -- of Punk Bunny's since I was sixteen. I'm... notably older these days, so you can rest assured I've loved them for a long time. Unfortunately over the course of this past year, I overlooked them as they released a new album. Today I make amends for this by featuring it on my site.

Warning: Punk Bunny is EXTREMELY NSFW.


First of all let me go on record (again) saying that Punk Bunny's lead singer Gil is on of the hottest men in the world. His raunchy appearance and IDGAF attitude give him the presence of being the male version of Ke$ha, only maybe a tad bit more extreme. Don't believe me? Check out their video for "I Wanna F**k".




Did you see it? Did you feel it? This song was their lead single off of the new album "Hung, Proud, And Sloppy", which fits in completely with their previous music. All of Punk Bunny's music has been cheap sounding techno-garbage with over offensive lyrics layered on top. From a musical standpoint they are terrible, but there is something about them that I just can't give up (it's Gil, and his sexiness).

The new album has spawned such hits as "Watch It Grow", "PNP", and their newest song to get a video "Suck It". Each of the songs runs around three and a half minutes, proving that he knows exactly when things go from being funny to annoying and cuts them short before they get obnoxious. The songs that do go on longer still retain much of their humor even in the further portions of the song.

So why even listen to them? They are crude, rude, and kind of gross. I can't say why you should, or who their target audience even is, but they do have a bit of a cult following of people who support them religiously. This means they are doing something right. Perhaps it's because it is refreshing to hear someone be so brutally frank and over the top with sex. Maybe it's just because they go where traditional radio play music would never dare to go. The result: Something you know you should instantly find terrible but are somehow drawn to it.

That or you just find their singer hot. Your call.

Don't watch this video if you are easily offended... by anything.



Preview and grab the album on iTunes if you dare!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Palin is a fucking dick.
    Suck it
    Suck it
    Suck it
    Suck it
    Suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete