Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Holly Elle EP Coming

Remember Holly? She has not lost a bit of momentum from the last time we checked in with her. After picking two singles off of her amazing debut "Infinitude" (which won EP of the year in the 2012 UCAs), she is now ready to move forward with new material. What is it going to be this time, you may ask? Well I don't have that answer just yet, but what I do have is all the latest news!


The new EP is titled "Leopardess". Unfortunately for her fans, we don't have much other info -- only speculation. For myself, I hope that she continues more on the road of "Don't Come Home" and less on the side of "Freak". The former showed a much deeper side to her, as well as a much more in depth approach to songwriting, which could always be appreciated.

The only other info that we have currently is the track listing for the EP. The endeavor will go on for five tracks, of which the titles have been made available exclusively to her fans on Facebook. The tracks are as follows:

1. Predator
2. Seeing Red
3. You Deserve A Song
4. Wanna Be Loved
5. Who I Am

I know that it has to be said. Comparisons have been drawn to Holly before in that she sounds a lot like Ke$ha on certain tracks, and throwing around words like "Leopardess" and "Predator" probably won't stop such comments either. I sincerely hope that these are purely coincidental and this work has enough distinction to make it by itself. 

The EP releases in less than three weeks on February 5th. I hope she releases a clip of one of more of the songs beforehand to get us all pumped for the release. You can bet if she does, I'll be all over it, and you can certainly expect a review once it hits retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment