Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012's Biggest Misses: Liz Primo

Another day, another miss. Sometimes I get shown a video that I fall in love with, but due to circumstances I just don't get around to featuring. This is the woe that is Liz Primo. I've been meaning to talk about her, and show off her videos for a while now, but I kept forgetting, but no longer!



Though she's been around a bit longer than just 2012, this is definitely the year where she's started making her mark. She has released two killer videos this year, "The Devil In Me" (posted above) and "Wind Me Up" which I'll put at the end of the list.

To sum Liz up is a hard thing to do. Her music is phenomenal. As Ive stated many, many times, I absolutely love indie pop. It's something I can't get enough of -- especially when it's polished and professional. That is exactly what Liz Primo is offering with both of her singles. "The Devil In Me" was my first experience with her and I definitely was hungry for more.

The other song that she produced this year, "Wind Me Up" is far more sexual and a touch more professional looking as far as video quality goes. But her newest song, "Beautiful Whore", that has yet to see a video release takes the lead as far as best song form her. As a matter of fact, had I known of it's existence, would have probably been my pick for song of the year. No joke. The song is part of a double A-side single with the song "Operation Get You Back" which is another excellent example of pop music as well as an impressive and risky venture for an indie pop artist.

All of her 2012 works sans the video for "Wind Me Up" are part of a new album that has yet to be titled (as far as I can tell). I will be looking forward to see if a full album comes of this, or even if a video for "Beautiful Whore". Seeing as my info and knowledge of Liz is very small, I have no idea what is in store. This looks to be another venture worth taking, and another artist I need to get to know for the sake of information!



Sexy back-up dancer alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment