Monday, January 7, 2013

2012's Biggest Misses: Young London's New Music

It seems like I overlooked far too much this past year -- especially if I'm forgetting to talk about Young London. They were my first big interview, and they have remained supportive of my endevours, so it's about time I return the favor. They've released a couple of singles over this past year, and it's about time I talk about them!


Young London released their debut album at the beginning of 2011, and spent most of the year promoting it, doing tours and music videos. In 2012, they started fresh working on new material. I was able to catch their cover of "Video Killed The Radio Star", but I missed the other two singles that had been released over the course of the year.

"Call My Name (Tonight)" is a very Matt-heavy song, which isn't surprising as he usually fills in the roll of lead singer. Sarah does have a verse to herself, giving her side of the story, showing that both the people in the story want the same thing, but don't seem to be communicating this to each other. The track is very electropoppy, sounding a lot like their first album.

On the other hand, "Broken" is a much more low key song. It still has that distinctive YL sound to it, but it has a much longer build up, and a very choppy, unconventional flow to it. Matt takes the backseat to Sarah much more in this track.

The two tracks are set to be on their sophomore effort, which is still up in the air as far as release dates go. I'll have to hop on that and get the scoop from them, as I'm pretty sure they still like me (hopefully moreso now that I've mentioned their new singles). I'll have to get back to you guys on that one!

Check out their iTunes store and grab their new singles as well as their first album if you haven't checked it out yet!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about "Broken"! Eagerly awaiting their second album; Young London is amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete