Friday, July 1, 2011

Drag Racers Raja, Sahara, and Pandora Make Music

I have apparently been living under a rock for the past few months. It was brought to my attention earlier this week that Raja, current Drag Race queen, has released a song. "Diamond Crowned Queen" is her debut single. The song is a bit of a mixed bag, but I find myself playing it more and more every day. We all know Raja can't sing all too well, as shown in the singing competition, but she knows how to work with what she's got, and that is what really makes a star.





The video only makes it better. The video features a plastic-haired Raven, runner up of Drag Race season two, and a guy named Tommy Joe -- some guy I've never heard of. The video seems to be a lot of Raja showing off her awesome clothes and diverse styles, but it works, especially since the song is all about being the top bitch in town. The beat is a fusion of pop and club sounds, making it rather unique. It makes me wish that songs like this would get on the pop charts and really launch these girls into super stardom. And a random note -- Anyone else weirded out by seeing Raven's nipnips?

If me just finding Raja's hit isn't enough evidence for you to believe I live under a rock, look at what else I JUST now found.



Yeah. Where have I BEEN!? I LOVE this video. The production values are very high, the dancing is spot on, and Sahara looks HOT! I mean dayum. Usually when I see music videos for people who aren't on major record labels they are done on shoe string budgets -- and look it too. In this case, "Pump With Me" looks like a polished and amazingly well done video. The dancers look hot! And wait a minute -- That is Manila Luzon! Best video ever.

I wasn't completely sold on the song at first. I usually like something really dramatic and not too fluffy, but when she started spelling, she had me sold. Did I mention I have an affinity for songs that spell words? (In fact, I have). I can't believe I missed this! Oh iTunes, how you forsake me in your recommendations!

Finally, I have been putting off posting about this (because it's a small clip and I didn't have anything to group it with until now). A few weeks ago, Pandora Boxx teased me yet again my releasing a snippet of her upcoming debut single. "Cooter" is set to premier "soon" but I can't seem to get a definite answer out of her! Only time will tell. It's another song that spells out words so you guys know I'm gonna eat this up blindly. Now please be distracted by this video while I squeal like a fangirl.

6 comments:

  1. Tommy Joe Ratliff--an amazing, talented musician who played bass for Adam Lambert's Glam Nation tour! He's so gorgeous, inside and out. Here's his NOH8 photo: http://www.noh8campaign.com/photo-gallery/familiar-faces-part-2/photo/14883

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Raja in drag race! but I love her now!!! is amazing that song and clip!! Sahara is cute too! at first it was funny to see, but I pump it up everytime i hear it! ^_^ I love manila luzon!! kisses from argentina!! Emi Maldocena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Raja!!! The fact that Raven (my VERY close 2nd favourite queen of all of the RDR queens) is in it makes it that much more fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont forget Mimi ImFurst also has a single out with a bunch of other girls called Yelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first two videos, I think Pandora may be pushing it. I think it is kinda cool seeing all these Drag Race stars making their own music. They are all very creative people and they get my full respect.

    ReplyDelete