Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sorry I Missed It - Emii "Stilettos"

I love this song. I loved it so much that I named it Song of the Week when it came out. For some odd reason I never noticed that a music video was released for it. I even follow her on Twitter, but I guess the news got lost somewhere in the mix. Anyway, allow me to present to you another installment of my newest recurring segment, Sorry I Missed It.



I love how well crafted this video is. Each of the sections and outfits in it are visually pleasing. My favorite of them all is the fabulous housewife look, complete with hair rollers and a glittery Ed Hardy inspired tattoo. Other memorable looks are the dominatrix look (dem nails!) and the "just kicked out of the club" look.

The plot focuses on Emii being booted from a club, and looking through a magazine to find herself in different spreads that come to life, showing off that she is too famous for them. I really like seeing the different sides to her, not keeping to one specific idea of her, while still managing to go over the top with each new look.

The video is pretty good, but it does have it's faults. The extended walking scene, done in one take, gets a bit boring mid way through. It might have been better to keep cutting back to it instead of showing it all in a row, and the normalcy of it really takes away from the extravagance of the other takes.

Despite this, the video remains solid, and Emii looks amazing throughout. The vocals are spot on in the song, and it really leaves me wanting more from her. She hasn't released a song yet this year, and I hope that she has something in the works for all of her fans.

1 comment: